Chapter Eighteen

School had been out for almost two weeks, I've spent every day in my garden getting it ready to plant new seeds, playing with Piper and studying my spell book. 

Both Jazz and Quinn were on what we called magic field trips with their grandmothers. They wouldn't be back until school started. I missed doing that. 

Bella spent every waking moment with Edward while sticking to the new rules Charlie gave her. Not that I minded. 

Currently I was up in my room packing up to head down to the Rez, now that Sam and Jared have shifted, the two of them were working hard. I felt for them though cause patrolling the rez took a lot of their time and energy. 

Leah told me Sam has been hanging out with her cousin Emily a lot so I was heading out to hang out with my boys and spend the night at the Clearwaters. 

It had been a while since I've seen Jake or the other two and it was a nice day. I got dressed in white shorts and a purple tank top and put on my La push hoodie, and my shoes and grabbed my bag on my way out.

"Hey uncle Charlie." I called walking downstairs spotting him in the living room. It was his day off, so he was causal and doing his favorite thing, drinking beer and watching a game. "I'm headed out, dinner is in the fridge just need to heat it up." 

"Okay, drive safe." Charlie told me. "Say hey to Billy."

I nodded and grabbed my keys off the hook and headed out to my wrangler, tying my hair up into a messy bun.

Backing out, I put on some music and headed off. 

---

It took me the usual time to get to the Black's small red house and parked off to the side and shut the jeep off and got out and grabbed something from the back for Billy.

Walking up the wheelchair ramp, Billy already had the door open before I could knock and gave me a friendly smile.

"Elena." 

"Hey." I greeted smiling handing him a small bag of medicinal herbs. "Just came to drop this off."

"Thank you." He told me moving aside so I could walk in. "I was running out."

The herbs couldn't heal him completely, but they would help him through the pain he feels.

I looked around. 

"Jake in the back?" I asked looking around.

"Yeah." He told me nodding. "By the way we suspect Lahote's gonna be next."

I looked at him blinking.

"Paul?" I asked frowning at the idea. "But I just saw him last month, he didn't show any of the signs."  

"I'm sorry." He told me giving me a fatherly look. "I know how much you like him but you know what will happen if he turns." 

I sighed nodding. 

"Anyway I'm gonna head out to the garage then." I added making him look at me. "I'll pick up the money for this order before I leave." 

Giving him a quick hug, I ventured out to the back of the house, to the garage, hearing loud music and smiled.

Although I was girlie and loved doing girlie things, I liked hanging out with the boys too. Pulling the door open, I walked in, and three dark heads snapped towards me, there was a car in the middle of the garage.

They looked surprised before seeing it was just me and smiled.

"Angel"

"Hey guys." I greeted, pulling my hoodie off feeling free in my tank and sat it on a stool by the door walking over closer to them.