Chapter Thirty-Two

It was finally the weekend, the girls and I spent most of the time on witch duty. I was able to send out all of my special orders except for one... I wondered if Jasper was doing okay without his. It's been a while since I got Alice's last email or anything from Rose and Emmett. They normally sent me something once a week to keep me updated on how Edward was doing. 

And I would tell them about Bella, leaving out the part about Jacob and the pack. 

The last email I got said Edward was still living away from them, almost like he was punishing himself. 

I wanted to give them all hugs, especially Edward. 

Anyway I was standing in the kitchen, scooping leftover stew I had made for lunch and talking on the phone with Quinn.

Paul was at the sink washing the dishes we used. He's been spending most of his downtime here, having meals with us, he's become part of our daily lives. Charlie has pretty much said he was welcome here day or night. Especially on game nights. 

Charlie wasn't here, he was working and Bella was sulking in her room, calling Jacob every single second she got. 

Anyway on the phone with Quinn, she was telling me about Embry asking her out again but this time it would just be the two of them. Since she and Embry had their first group date with us, she's gained a lot more confidence.  Emily, Kim and I have welcomed her into our Imprint sisterhood and even added her to our Imprints only message group. 

"Sounds good to me." I spoke into the phone, grinning thinking of my two best friends. "Jasmine's off celebrating June's big thirteen and I'm headed out to deliver some teas and whatnot and deal with..." I paused remembering Bella was in the house but luckily Quinn knew who I was meaning... "Tomorrow we check the barrier so today we're all off witch duty...." I sighed listening to the other end. "Take what time you can get, but you know we're gonna want details.." 

Placing the lid onto the container, labeling it, I walked over setting it in the fridge and turned glancing at my bags on the table. We were getting ready to head down to deal with Jacob's makeover which was another reason Paul was with me. 

We continued talking until Quinn said she had to go so she could get ready and said a quick goodbye and hung up. 

I stared at my phone for a few minutes, grinning. 

"Quinn certainly sounded excited." Paul said clearly overhearing the conversation.

"Well I would be too if I had a big date." I said shrugging, moving over to the table so I could double check I had what I needed. "Embry's taking her out on an actual date, just the two of them... and from what I saw in his mind...Flowers, chocolates, he's going all out, I've helped him plan the whole thing without Quinn knowing... Normally I would stay out of it but a few nudges can't hurt."

I watched Paul turn the water off, drying his hands and came over to me. I looked up at him.

He leaned over kissing my cheek and smiled at me. 

Glancing at the clock, I saw the time. 

"We should get going." I said turning to grab my medicine bag.

Paul nodded, picking up the box I normally carried all the makeover stuff in and walked out of the kitchen, I smiled for a second trailing after. 

I grabbed my keys, opening the door for him, he squeezed himself out and headed for the jeep. Closing the door behind me, I had just reached the bottom step when Bella called my name.

'Goddess not again!'

I thought glancing up at Bella. 

"You going to see Jacob?"