Chapter Thirty-Four

It has been a crazy week so far, since the blow up between Bella and I, and my cousin as usual wasn't listening to me. I knew she was still trying to get Jake alone without me or one of the guys.. it was driving me crazy especially when I knew it was bugging Jacob but there was no way he would tell her not without us knowing.

The girls and I spent most of the week keeping watch over the town, making sure nothing got in or out... and trying to keep taps on Victoria.

That's where I was right now with Jazz and Quinn, scouting the woods. We were headed over to Emily's and took a detour through the wood trail, we were also helping cover the pack's tracks... They were patrolling while trying to dodge Charlie and I was doing my best to keep both my boyfriend and my uncle safe.

When I fought Laurent I let my guard down, I knew I could have set him on fire or something but at the time I wasn't thinking of anything but protecting Bella. I didn't even think Jasmine and Quinn were with us so we could have taken him out.... I feel foolish.

Even if I was angry at my cousin, I still loved her and I would never let anything happen to her.

"I'm telling you, it's him." Quinn told us.

"Who?" Jasmine asked raising an eyebrow.

"Dillion Merrick... our fourth."

"A male witch?" Jasmine muttered tilting her head.

"Correct term is Warlock Jazzy." I told her glancing at Quinn. "Are you sure?"

"I had a dream about him." She said with a strange look in her eye, I've seen it before. "Think about it we can't read his mind, and he doesn't hang out with anyone... He sits in the library during lunch."

"That doesn't make him a warlock." Jasmine told her pointedly. "Or our fourth... it's normal for witches and warlocks to roam.... can our fourth really be a male?"

"Why can't he?" Quinn asked raising an eye at her. "Warlock's can be part of our covens too.... Just like Elena's dad was part of our mums..."

I looked at Quinn at the mention of Dad, Quinn realized what she said and looked over at me quickly.

"Sorry Lena."

I shook my head, glancing at Jasmine. Quinn saw the exchange and frowned looking disheartened.

"If you really think there is something with him then we'll check him out." I told her making her look at me, I gave her a small smile. "Rather he could be of our coven or not, if you think we should extend a magical welcome then count me in." I shrugged.

She smiled at me brightly.

"Thanks Lena."

We were midway through the woods close to where the Black's house was,. There was snap of a branch behind us.

We froze, sharing a look. There was another snap in front and one beside.

"Lena.." Jazz muttered.

"It's okay." I told her reading her worried mind. "It's only the guys..."

I glanced over at Quinn who nodded in agreement.

"It's around the time they get off." She said making Jasmine look at her and then me.

"How can you tell?" Jasmine asked.

"For one we know their schedule." Quinn told her smiling. "And two use your telepathy."

Jasmine just stared at her.

"Jared's mind is pretty loud." I added smirking at the mention of my boys. "And Embry's is just as crazy with a certain earth sister" I nudged Quinn, she smiled trying to hide her blush.