Chapter Twenty-Nine

The week had flown by and before I knew it, it was Friday, school went like it always did.  I spent all yesterday shopping getting everything I needed for tonight.

Once the bell rung, I waved goodbye to Quinn and Jasmine and bounded for my jeep and drove home. I barely turned the engine off and I jumped out, running into the house. 

I practically flew up the stairs, tossed my bag into my room and got back downstairs tying my hair up into a bun. 

I didn't even pause starting to get to work and by the time I knew it I had the table filled with a good Spaghetti dinner in a large pot enough to fill a hungry wolf. There was a salad, a batch of my special chocolate cookies and a garlic bread in the oven. 

I had a smaller portion of Spaghetti that had no meat in it. 

"Wow honey this looks great." I heard looking up, I spotted Charlie coming in. 

"Really?" I asked feeling nervous all of a sudden. "You don't think it's too much?" 

"A woman who can cook is a woman after a man's heart." 

I smiled at him. The talking stopped there as Charlie opened the fridge for a beer and I headed upstairs to change. 

 I walked over to my dresser pulling out a black sleeved top, and a pair of my jeans from the top drawer, getting dressed and moved to my closet, reaching for a black dress type shirt, it had a silver clip on the deep neckline, it only showed a little

Slipping on my sparkly purple flats, my valerian necklace and my special bracelets. I heard a knock on the door just as I took my hair out of the bun and brushed it out a few times, leaving it down and headed back downstairs. 

Skipping down the stairs without falling, I stopped right in front of the door and swung it open. 

I was surprised to see Paul standing on the other side, wearing a black pair of jeans and a black button shirt, long sleeved. It wasn't his normal attire. He noticed I was staring and had a smirk on his face. 

'Like what you see?' I heard him think.

I nodded looking him over again with no shame. 

"Who are you and what have you done to my hot head?" 

He chuckled, moving to kiss my cheek. 

"Are you going to stand there making googly eyes or invite him in?" I heard Charlie ask I nearly forgot he was on the couch, waiting for the game to start. 

I rolled my eyes in amusement but found myself smirking. I stepped aside to let him in, he followed me in, he had a case of beer in his hand. 

Charlie stood up from the couch.

"Lahote." He greeted holding his hand out. 

"Chef Swan." Paul said shaking his hand firmly, it seemed to make Charlie happy. "I uh hope you don't mind I didn't know what else to bring, Billy said you enjoy a good vitamin R." 

From the kitchen, a faint beeping started signaling that the garlic bread I had put in the oven was ready. Feeling like I could leave these two alone, I turned heading into the kitchen. 

"Good man." I heard Charlie say and felt my heart fill with ease. 

I pulled the bread from the oven, setting it on a cutting board I had on the counter and started plating.

"Dinners done!" I announced walking out with two plates spotting the two on the couch relaxing, watching the game and getting along.   

Charlie was in such a good mood, he didn't even notice the amount of food I kind of piled onto Paul's plate. My wolf could eat you out of house and home and trust me he's done it to Emily, that was when Emily and I came up an idea, we would both pitch in when it came to buying food to fill our men.