Chapter Twenty-Three

The next morning, I woke up to a buzzing sound pulling me from my slumber. My eyes opened only to close them again because of the major headache, it was almost like there was a jackhammer drilling in my skull. 

Finally forcing my eyes to crack open, my hand reached over grabbing my phone, without looking at the ID and clicked the button, holding it to my ear. 

"I really hope this isn't another emergency...  I'm on strike."

I heard a chuckle from the other end. 

"Good Morning to you too."  I heard Paul say. 

His voice was deep, soft but aggressive at the same time. I leaned back from my phone checking the time, it was my normal time to get up. I smiled placing the phone back over my ear. 

"Since when do you get up at 5 am?" I asked smirking. 

"Since Sam went to the hospital to see Emily and hasn't left her side." He told me making me remember the events the last couple of nights. 

"How is she?" 

"She's fine, the doctors are doing what they can but thanks to your amazing healing, she's not in any pain... she's faking it for your sake though..." He said making me nod. "Sam's worse though... Harry ended up kicking him out."

I frowned in thought. 

"What about patrolling?" I asked sighing to myself, finally getting the energy to sit up. 

"He's got Jared and I running the Rez." I heard him say and swore I could hear him yawn.

"He had you guys out from last night till this morning?" I asked frowning deeper. "You guys can't go on like that, there's only three of you... you need downtime too... Running yourselves ragged won't do anyone any good.." 

"I'll be fine El.... Are you still mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Last night .."

I stared at the wall for a second processing realized he was talking about last night's conversation.

"I wasn't mad at you or anyone, I was worried about Jasper... And Emily and Bella." I muttered tenderly. "And the worst part is Bella doesn't even seem phased by it. Edward's tried to get her to see reason. I'm worried about my second family"  I paused sighing. "But I promise I wasn't mad at you "

There was a long pause before I heard him sigh in relief

"Okay"

Glancing over at my side table I caught the time.

"Okay... I need to start my morning ritual and get ready for school.." I told him smiling reminding myself he couldn't see me. "Don't forget to eat something, take a shower and crawl into bed... Tell Sam I said that was an order and if he doesn't listen I will go full witch." 

Paul's loud chuckle echoed through, making my heart burst. 

"Night Paul." I muttered quietly. 

"Have a good day." 

We both said our goodbyes and hung up. I sat there for a few minutes staring at my phone, thinking of everything that happened the las t couple nights. Emily getting hurt and Bella's party... Jasper. 

I wish I knew what was coming. 

Sighing to myself I finally got out of bed slowly so I could do my morning ritual.

I kneeled on my rug and brought out all my things I needed and did my cleansing ritual and then crossed my legs and mediated for a while. 

I heard my alarm going off and saw the time. Feeling a little better I cleaned up everything making sure nothing would catch fire or anything and went over to my closet pulling out one of the random outfits I made.