Chapter Six

Early the next morning hours before my alarm went off, just like planned. I got up, got dressed and made sure breakfast was on the table with directions, I'm sure Bella could figure it out and a note letting Charlie know that I was going to school early and sent a message to the girls letting them know. 

Making sure I had everything done, I glanced around making sure no one was watching before teleporting out landing on the front step of the Cullen's home.

I smiled up at the big beautiful white house before walking in.

Walking up the stairs I headed into the kitchen finding Esme at the counter drinking from a coffee mug. I knew it wasn't actually coffee. Everyone already knew I was there, they're used to me popping in. She looked up smiling at me. 

"Morning Ellie." 

"Morning." I said smiling moving to slid onto a stool in front of the counter. 

Carlisle entered spotting me, giving me a fatherly pat on the shoulder.

"You're here awfully early." He said moving to kiss Esme's cheek.

"Are you hungry?" Esme asked moving to the microwave and pulled a plate of tofu eggs and bacon out.  "I had a feeling you'd stop by." 

"Ooh thanks." I told her grinning; she handed me the plate. "While I love any excuse to eat the food you make."  I ate quietly, smiling in delight at the seasoned taste. Esme smiled at me. "I actually popped in for a reason, I would have came last night but things are tense at the house."

"We understand." Carlisle told me giving me a knowing look. "You're here about Edward." 

I nodded taking another bite. 

"We know from what Alice has told us; your cousin is a very rare girl...Edward couldn't read her thoughts." Carlisle added making me look at him, tilting my head thinking it through. "Do you know anything about it?"

"I've never tried reading Bella's mind so I wouldn't know." I told him honestly finishing up my yummy meal and politely got up to wash the plate off, setting it in the drain rack. "We haven't seen each other since we were kids."

"Ellie! You're here!" A voice said cutting me off, I looked over spotting Alice and Jasper. Alice came over giving me a tight hug. 

"Alice....breathing becoming necessary." I told her.

She pulled back, scanning over my outfit and smiled big. 

"Love the skirt." 

"Of course you do." I told her grinning. "You picked it out." 

She gave me a laugh that sounded like a fairy. 

 I smirked at her before turning to Jasper, he gave me a small smile.

"Oh..." I mumbled remembering something and dug in my pocket pulling out a vial. "Almost forgot.... This is yours." I handed it to Jas. "It's on the house." 

"Thank you."

He took it from me, turning away from everyone politely, drinking it all in one and turned back to us. He already looked more at ease.

"Figured you might need it after yesterday." I told him making him nod. "I had to mediate an extra hour this morning." 

"C'mon guys let's go." Emmett said his feet thundered on the stairs; he came into where we were with Rosalie. Esme gave him a stern look that he understood. "Sorry Mom, I didn't break them."

"Yeah, this time." I said jokingly making them laugh.

"So did you hear." Rosalie said drawing my attention. "Edward went to stay with the Denali's all thanks to your cousin."