Chapter Sixteen

We made it to the hospital in record time and Edward wasted no time, opening the door and carried Bella out and into the building.

Charlie and Renee were both on their way here but until then Bella was in my care.

Everyone looked over at us, and came to our aid, bringing a gurney over, Edward sat her down on it, she was ran off, I followed close behind. 

My entire body was tense and shaky, I went as far as they would let me till they went through the emergency doors, and I ran a shaky hand through my hair nearly breaking down.

Carlisle was at the front desk, telling them a made up story about what happened.

All I could do was wait and cry. While I knew Bella was healed, she still wasn't out of the clear. 

"Elena?"  I looked up at whoever said my name and saw a young woman, long blonde hair, blue eyes and a very flawless face.

"Cousin Juliet?" I asked staring at her in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I work here." She told me pulling me to the side away from everyone. "The important thing is why are you here, why didn't you tell me you were coming to Phoenix?" 

Juliet was Easton Lovelace's granddaughter, I knew she had gone to medical school but I didn't know she was living in Phoenix or working here. Her mother passed away leaving her and her younger brother Simon. Simon was the same age as me.

"I didn't know you moved to Phoenix... Simon didn't say anything in his last letter...." I mumbled trailing off. 

"Elena." 

I sighed in worry and began telling her what happened the best I could. Lucky for me none of my cousins were normal.  I didn't have to make up any story. 

After I finished talking, she wrapped her arm around me. 

"Okay, don't worry I'm sure she'll be okay." She said pulling me into a hug, I didn't know I needed. 

Carlisle came over drawing my attention. He glanced at Juliet and gave her a small sad smile.  He handed me a clipboard, I glanced at it. 

"I need you to fill this out." He told me making me nod.

I sighed pulling from Edward and slowly filled out everything, full name, blood type and all that stuff since I was her cousin, I was the next of kin until Charlie and Renee got here.

I finished it but before I could hand it back, Juliet took it and gave me a comfort smile. 

"Let me take care of this... if you can't use connections sometimes then what's the point" She told me giving me a pat on the shoulder and walked over to the desk. 

I turned and stared at the sign above the door before going over to a section of chairs and sat down. Carlisle followed. 

'I pray to the Goddess' 

My phone buzzed, I pulled it out and checked the ID, Jazz and clicked the answer button. 

"Is it done?" I asked drawing Edward and Carlisle's attention.

'It's done, we used the made up story, he believed it, and is on his way.'

"Okay, thanks Jazz." I mumbled into the phone. The conversation lasted a few minutes before we hung up and I put my phone back in my pocket. 

Carlisle, Edward and I sat there in silence for a few minutes. I didn't know what to say.

Juliet came back over, informing us that Bella was going into surgery, and she was going to let us know what happens. She stayed for a few seconds and slipped away.