Chapter Fifteen

After checking into a hotel room, Jasper, Alice and I sat around the room waiting for news from Edward or one of them.  Bella was in the room calling her mom every second she got and crying the next until she passed out from exhaustion.

I was sitting on the floor in the corner, candles surrounded me in a circle. My eyes closed, mediating and trying to calm my nerves.

Jasper and Alice were sitting on the couch staring at the TV blankly. 

The blinds were pulled making the room dark as we sat in complete silence. I had just ordered room service for Bella. 

I inhaled deeply, breathing in the smoke and exhaled. 

Hearing footsteps, I opened my eyes for a second, seeing Bella coming out of the room staring at her phone. 

"What do we do now?" Bella asked. 

"We wait for Edward or Carlisle to call." I told her calmly nodding at the table, the tray of food "You've been sleeping most of the day so you should eat something."

"You're not going to eat?" She asked looking at me. 

"I already ate earlier." I told her taking in another deep breath. 

She slowly grabbed the plate and came to join me, tucking her feet underneath as she sat down on the floor. 

"What are you doing?" She asked nodding at the candles, picking at her food. 

"Mediating." I told her quietly. "I need all the magic energy I can gather... and if I focus hard enough I'll be able to connect to Edward's mind, see what he sees." 

"Really?" She asked surprised. "You can do that?" 

"I'm a witch Bella." I told her shrugging. "We can do things, with a limit of course." 

I ignored her and closed my eyes again and took in another deep breath inhaling the smell of the candles burning. 

I could sense my cousin starting to have a mental break down, I was worried... for my cousin, for my friends and family. I worried for their safety, but I believed in Carlisle and the family. I knew they could get rid of the Tracker while I protected Bella. 

"I wish none of this had happened." Bella said quietly drawing my attention again. "Why didn't you stop me?" 

I stared at her raising an eyebrow. 

"I did try to stop you." I told her pointedly. "Why do you think I kept telling you to stay away from them but for some reason you were meant to find out." 

"What do you mean?" She asked staring at me with a harden expression. 

"All witches believe in a thing called Fate." I told her flashing a small soft smile. "Everything that happened to you, that will happen is because it's meant to be... Moving in with Charlie, learning our secrets and even meeting Edward."  I nodded at Alice and Jasper staring at me with appreciation, listening. "While I can't tell you what will happen later I do know that you and Edward are intertwined in each other's fate." 

"I wish he'd call." She said sighing heavily. "They could get hurt, he could... it's not worth it." 

"Yes it is." Jasper told her insistently. 

I glanced over at him hearing the tone in his voice and saw the look on his face. Bella looked taken back. 

"Edward's changed since he found you." Jasper told her. "And none of us want to look in his eyes or Elena's." He nodded his head in my way. "If they lose you...It's worth it."

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head, I let out a small painful shout, reaching up and held my head with both hands. 

Someone was talking to me.