Resumption Day

" Almora wake up, today's your first day at school" Mrs. Rencia said. "It's time for you to learn how to control your powers".

"Mom,isn't it too early and by the way nobody is going to like me or be willing to teach me so what is the usefulness " Almora said in a sleepy voice.

This also had Mrs. Rencia worried but after meeting with the headmistress, Ms. Carmen. She had been relieved that her daughter will have no worries over there.

"You'll be fine honey I promise"

"Now get up, take a shower and get dressed. You won't want to sign in to your hostel late " Mrs. Rencia said and left.

Almora got up and headed straight to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a bath. After some few minutes, she came out and got dressed into a blue jeans trouser, a t-shirt and sneakers. She looked at herself in the mirror and breathed out heavily. She grabbed her bag and headed straight out.

Almora was going to a school named Greenland College. It was a school made for people with powers. To others, it was a normal school. During admissions, they check if the students have powers. Only the ones with powers get in.

The school was in a bright environment. The sprawling multiple wings and floors of the building across the vast expanse of the property. It had a two sided forest. The side which anyone who entered the building could see was the bright and beautiful side and on the other side not visible to normal people was dark and eerie.

Almora kept sighing all through the journey. It was a very busy day at the school because it was resumption day for new students.

She and her parents headed to the headmistress office. Entering the headmistress office,her parents took a seat in front of the headmistress. The headmistress was a woman of moderate height with brown eyes, fair skin and short brown hair that went with the color of her eyes.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs.  Rencia"

" Good morning, Ms. Carmen "

After a few words were exchanged, Mr and Mrs Rencia got up to leave because parents aren't normally allowed to enter the school building.

They hugged their daughter and said goodbye.

"Have a seat Ms.Almora" Ms.Carmen said. The expression on Ms.Carmen's face had changed.

Noticing the change in expression, Almora said in her mind 'So she was nice just because my parents were here,well this is gonna be a tough ride'.

Almora drew out a chair in front of Ms.Carmen and sat. "So,you are the red,the last of your kind. How interesting" Ms.Carmen said "Well it really shows in your outer appearance with your red eyes and red hair. It's going to be a tough ride for you here. So, if you need anything do not hesitate to tell me".

Almora was taken aback by her last words and all she could say was 'okay'. She was given her ID card,the rules booklet and her room key.