The Dream

Houses were on fire, people were running and screaming. The whole place was in chaos. "Stop!!!" someone screamed waking Almora up from the dream. She was sweating all over. "What kind of dream is that?" she muttered to herself. She stood up and headed to the bathroom. She washed her face and remembered the dream again. She had slept off since evening. She went out of the bathroom and went to lay on the bed. She laid on her back and stared at the ceiling, after a while she fell asleep.

The sound of the alarm woke the three of them up in the morning. They sluggishly greeted themselves, took a shower and got dressed. "You look different Almora" Amy said.

"What's different about me?"

"I don't know, there's just something different. Aren't I right Stacy?"

"Yh it's true Almora. You do look different but in a good way".

"Fine, I've heard you both". They headed out of their room and all eyes were unexpectedly on Almora. "Okay, this is akward. People usually stare at me but this is my third day and I thought it should have stopped" Almora said. "I told you, you looked different" Amy said. "Let's just get out of here" Almora said.

"What are we having this morning?" Stacy asked. "Breakfast before defense class" Amy replied.

They had their usual chit-chat while having their breakfast. The bell finally rang. It was time for their classes. All three of them headed to defense class. Defense class was split into two. The first one was a combination of first and second year students while the second one was a combination of the third and fourth year students. "Good morning class" Mr Brown said. He was their defense teacher. "Ms Almora, I see that this is your first time in this class." he said and Almora nodded. "Well, I must tell you that defense class has different team of students and as you weren't around in the first class, I would have to look for a vacant team to put you in". Almora sent a glare saying 'And you didn't tell me about this' to Stacy who was already in her group. "Lucian's group is down with two members as Melanie and Julie left leaving Amy also without a team. So Almora and Amy you are in Lucian's team" Mr Brown said. Amy's eyes went wide as she didn't know that she had been replaced in her group already. They both walked over to Lucian's group. "Welcome home" Lucian whispered for only Almora to hear while smiling at her. Almora only responded to him with a glare.

"You all should start practicing as a competition will be held amongst you all in the next two weeks" Mr Brown said before creating a room for each of the teams to practice in which was still in the class. They were enclosed rooms. "Can you fight, Mora?" Lucian asked. "Stop calling me that". Oliver, Brian and Amy stared at the both of them. "What will you do if I don't stop? Beat me up" Lucian said raising one of his brows. " Try me" she replied obviously getting angered by Lucian. "Almora, please don't tell me you want to fight with him" Amy said frustratingly. They had all changed into shorts and singlets buh the ladies wore top bras. Almora had already packed her hair into one and stepped forward indicating she was going to have a fight with Lucian.

"Almora, you know the nurse asked you not to stress your back" Amy said trying to change Almora's mind from fighting with Lucian. They both started fighting. Almora used her legs to try hitting him buh he kept dodging. They were both dodging each other's attacks. Lucian was finally able to pin Almora down holding her down with his hands holding hers by her side. "You know Mora is actually very beautiful" Lucian said teasing her. Almora struggled to get out but she couldn't. She suddenly thought of something and smiled. Lucian was lost in her smile already until Almora hit him with her knee on his groin and turned their position the other way round holding down in a way he could never escape. "Never get distracted during a fight and a fight is never over until one accepts defeat" Almora said looking at him and stood up.

"From where did you learn to fight?" Amy asked still surprised from the fight. "My dad got a defense teacher to train me and my brother at home". "You were wonderful Almora" Oliver said with a smile. "Thank you".

"Are you going to keep laying down there or get up?" Brian asked Lucian who was still laying on the floor chuckling at what just happened. He finally got up and asked Brian and Oliver to train Amy as he and Almora needed to rest from their fight. "Do you really want to bring the rivalry of both our families between us?" Lucian asked as he sat down beside Almora.