Rivalry

"What did you do?" Almora asked. "He has removed all the pains in your back" the nurse said and continued "you will be able to leave by afternoon and no volleyball for you until after 2 days" and she left. Almora turned to look at him and said "So Mr Lucian Harris what do you want from me?".

"You're welcome Mora" he replied. "Okay fine, thank you. Look you are a Harris and my father and yours are rivals."she said and continued "My father's enemy is also my enemy. Now please leave I need to rest". She laid on her side and closed her eyes. She suddenly felt someone lying beside her. She turned abruptly and found herself on top of Lucian. "What are you still doing here? I thought I told you to leave me alone" she said forgetting the awkward position they were in. "If you want me to leave, use your powers and make me leave Mora". It took all of his self control not to hold her tight unto himself.

"So that's why you have been pestering me all along huh. You wanted me to lose control of my anger so that my powers will also have no control" she said with her whole face contorted with anger while staring down at him. "Just when I thought you were different from the rest but I guess my father's enemy is truly my enemy and you know what, I'm no longer going to wait till afternoon. I'm going to discharge myself now and by the way my name is ALmora" she said putting more emphasis on the Al in her name. She got down from the bed and stormed out in anger.

Lucian was still shocked at what just happened. "I don't even know how to talk to a girl anymore" he said berating himself. He sat up straight squeezing the edge of the bed. "Argggghhhh!!!!" he groaned tossing the pillow on the bed away. "Look who we have here, it's the Red" Melanie said immediately she sighted Almora in the hall. She and her group of girls stood in front of her glaring down at her like she was petty. "Has your back healed or you are still crouching down like an oldie" Julie, Melanie's friend said.

Almora moved to the other free side but was blocked again. "Are you running away? You got scared already" Melanie said mimicking a scared face. "Get out of my way and go find something else to do" Almora said. "Was that an insult to us?" Becky, Melanie's friend said. "Do you think you can scare us away with those tiny little words of yours" Melanie said poking Almora at her shoulder.

"Get your filthy hands off me and stop hovering around me like flies" Almora said dusting her shoulder. "Ohhhh I get it now, you are feeling insecure of me being popular than you due to my powers. Ooff...that's very bad but don't worry, my popularity isn't as good as yours" she said patting Melanie's shoulder and she left.

"This school is full of crazies" Almora said with a sigh. "Almora, come to my office" Ms. Carmen said to Almora through telepathy. 'Oh God what is it now' she said in her mind. The hallway was quiet because students were in their classes. When Almora got to the office door, she took a deep breath and knocked. "Come in" Ms Carmen said from inside. She opened the door and went inside. "Take a seat" she said with a hand gesture. "I heard about your injury and the nurse told me that Mr Harris healed it for you".

"Yes he did" Almora said with a nod. "I'm sure you know about the rivalry between your family and his. I would like you to stay away from him to avoid the wrath of your father and don't worry we didn't tell him about your injury" she said seriously. "There's no need to warn me about staying away from him because I already gave my distance. My father's enemy is also mine" Almora said. "Very good. So, how was your first day? I received your reports and it was commendable".

"Thank you ma'am"

"You can take your leave now".

Almora stood up and left. After getting out, she took a deep sigh and said to herself "What's with this rivalry of a thing?" Well I guess I shouldn't bother myself concerning things like this".