The Voices

"Where did you get my number from?" Almora asked not answering his question. "Rude, well I have my ways" he said. "We shouldn't bring our family rivalry between us and this rivalry is between our fathers so how does it affect us". "Look I don't want any trouble for myself, okay. My dad called yesterday telling me to stay away from the Harris's son and I told you my father's enemy is my enemy" she said facing him. "It's not like he kept a camera on you to check who you talk to, you do know I'm the best friend one could ever ask for" he said with a wink. "Fine" she said raising her hand like someone who surrendered and continued "Let's forget the rivalry and don't flatter yourself too much, you're still a jerk". He chuckled and faced those who were practicing.

The bell rang which meant that defense class was over. They all changed back to their normal wears. Stacy ran to where Almora and Amy were. Lucian leaned to Almora's side and whispered in her ear "See you later Mora" and he left. Almora just rolled her eyes and left with her friends to the cafeteria for lunch. "So we have control class next" Amy said as they settled down to eat. Almora and Stacy nodded. "How was defense class with the H3 ?" Stacy asked with shone eyes interested to hear their answers. Almora and Amy looked at each other in confusion. "Who or what is H3? " Amy asked with knitted brows. Stacy hung her mouth open astonished that they both didn't know who the H3 were. 'The Hot 3', It's Lucian, Brian and Oliver because they are like the Hottest guys in school one would kill for. I don't blame you guys for not knowing what their group name is when you don't socialize at all" Stacy said shrugging her shoulders. She waved her hand and said "Forget about that, how was practice with them?". "It was exactly how practice is supposed to be Stacy. What else was supposed to happen?" Almora replied. "Oh You guys are so boring" Stacy said with downcast shoulders. The bell rang for the next class and they finished their lunch and headed there.

They settled down in their respective seats. "A stone is placed in front of each of you. You are going to use your mind to move the stone without touching it. Start" Mr Powell said. Almora kept all her focus on the stone then finally it started to rise until she started hearing voices in her head. She began to hold her head as she still kept the stone in the air. "Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!" Almora screamed and the stone broke. The voices in her head had also stopped. "What's the problem?" Mr Powell asked as he came in front of Almora. "No...No.. Nothing sir" Almora struggled to speak. "Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes sir"

"Well then, there's another stone in front of you. Continue with your practice" he said and left for his seat.

"Almora are you okay?" Stacy asked. "Yh I'm fine". "You sure?" Amy asked. "Yh guys don't worry let's continue with our practice". 'What were those voices in my head? What's happening to me?' Almora asked herself in her mind. She decided to find out answers later and continue with her magic practice. She faced her stone and focused on it. She was finally able to lift it up and drop it down safely. Immediately she dropped the rock, she released the breath she didn't know she was holding. Amy and Stacy had also successfully done theirs. The bell rang for the end of the class. "Before you go this is my homework for you. By the next class, you should be able to transform objects to something else. Failure in not being able to do that attracts detention" Mr Powell said to them. They packed their bags and headed out of class. Mr Powell stared at Almora as she left the class with an unidentifiable expression.

"How do we learn how to transform objects on our own?" Stacy complained. "We could check the library for books on how we can do it" Almora said. "I'm going to the library now then from there I'll join you guys at volleyball practice. I'll help us get the book so we can study it together" Amy said as she left. Almora and Stacy went to the locker room of the volleyball players to get changed and headed to the court. "Team Captains, I want to see you". Ms Ashley called. The volleyball teams were 10 so there was a total of 10 captains. After they had all gathered, Ms Ashley then said "Our friendly matches starts next week Saturday. The team that wins will represent us at the Nationals so you all need to put in your best for this friendly Hear me".

"Yes ma'am" All team captains chorused.