New Friend

While Almora was walking to her room. People started whispering.

'Is that the red?'

'She looks beautiful and dangerous.'

"Oh God,here goes the whispering. Well I might just get used to it" Almora whispered to herself. After taking a deep sigh she continued to walk to her room. On getting to her room she opened the door and found out she had a roommate. "Great... now I can't even have the room to myself" Almora said in her mind.

The room was like a two in one room. It had separate beds, separate bathrooms. Everything was separate. "Hi, I'm Stacy and I'm a blue" Almora's roommate said. "Nice to meet you" Almora replied looking surprised that she talked to her. She thought she would be like everyone who kept saying things about her without knowing her. "Aren't you scared that I might do anything to you" Almora said to her. "Why should I be scared of you?" Stacy said " Oh!! Because you are a red. I don't think you are dangerous,we never know who is dangerous so I just can't classify you as dangerous because everyone thinks so".Almora didn't expect that reply from Stacy.

She was completely taken aback by what happened next. Stacy had hugged her. Almora stilled and was completely frozen even after Stacy withdrew herself. "Hasn't anyone hugged you before?" Stacy asked after noticing the expression on her face. Almora gave her head a little shake and replied "The only people that have hugged me are my parents and my brother" I have never had any friends before so....It was shocking ,but it's nice to have a friend now".

Stacy's parents were also of higher status but not in the same level of Almora's parents. Hers were millionaires while Almora's parents were billionaires but even with how rich Stacy was, she was cheerful and open-minded. "Well, at least I have a roommate who isn't scared of me" Almora said in a relieved tone. "And a friend also" Stacy said cheerfully and they both laughed.

After settling in,since Stacy and Almora were both new students they went through the rules booklet together. These were their rules:

1.No recording of yourself or someone else using magic.

2. No using of magic to hurt anyone only during defence class.

3.No wandering about past curfew. Curfew starts from 9pm

4.Do not enter the dark forest during the time 12:00pm - 3:00pm

5.Detention for whoever is caught wandering around during classes.

6.Do not leave the school premises.

"What's with the rule number four isn't it supposed to be during night? Well,this is surprising" Almora said. "I thought it will be night time ,but this is surprising" . "Oooooh!! I love surprises" Stacy said showing a bright smile. Almora shaked her head and said "Are you always like this? You behave like a new born baby". They continued talking about different things and getting to know about each other.

This was all new to Almora as she never had any friends because she never went to a normal school due to her powers. She was homeschooled all through her childhood.To go to the magic school they must get to the age of 18. After talking for a long while, they both dozed off.

Almora woke up after a while and headed off to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and said to herself "You've got a new friend Almora but tomorrow is still going to be tough" she sighed and smiled to herself saying "I'm going to be fine".After washing up,she went out of the bathroom and went straight to to bed. She dozed off after a while.

But something strange happened while Almora was asleep, her body was glowing red.