The maze forest

"What!!! What do you mean by you can't find her?" Ms Carmen said with her eyes sprung wide. "Come in" she said and they entered and shut the door behind them. "When last did you see her?" she asked immediately they were inside. "We were in our hostel walking towards our rooms when she got a call and told us she will be right back before curfew" Amy explained.

"Do you know who called her?" She asked and the girls nodded negative. A knock was heard on the door and Ms Carmen stood up to go and check who it was. She turned to them and said "Sit here, I'll be right back". Opening the door she found Lucian and his friends with Evans and hearing the same complaint from them she asked them to come in. "Have you guys seen her?" Stacy asked immediately she saw the boys and they nodded negative.

"What is happening here? How did she just go missing?" Ms Carmen said. "Have you tried her phone?" she asked. "Yes, it's switched off" Amy said. "The person behind this is the caller and we don't know who it is" Ms Carmen said. "What are my going to tell her parents?" she said as she raked her hands through her hair.

"And her mom calls her everyday" Amy said. "Okay now I want all of you to go back to your rooms and report to my office tomorrow and do not let anyone know about this. Our investigation starts tomorrow" Ms Carmen said. They were all reluctant to go so she asked them to sleep in her quarters instead.

They were not able to sleep but after a while they all dozed off. Someone walked up to where Almora was, picked her up and started walking towards a tent. The person entered the tent and dropped her on a bed in the tent.

All of them woke up still looking stressed and worried. "Good morning Ms Carmen" they said. "Good morning. Now go to your rooms and prepare for classes" she said. "But what about Almora?" Stacy asked. "I and some other teachers will go to the dark forest in search of her because that's the only place she could be".

"We will come with you" Lucian said. "No, it's too dangerous. I and the teachers will go before 12 and after 3 to continue the search. She is my student and I care about my students a lot" Ms Carmen said. She facepalmed herself and said "The forest is a maze".

"What?" Amy said as all of them looked at Ms Carmen shocked. "Yes, the trees there weren't as tall as that before as I heard. It seems they grew that tall because no one watched over it. We ask you not to go there 12pm - 3pm because the maze changes during that time. A spell was cast on the forest for it to change during that time and we have tried to stop it but it's too strong" she explained. "Wow!! that's a lot" Evan said.

"I need this to be kept a secret. No other student must hear about this okay?" Ms Carmen said and they all nodded affirmative. "Okay, now go and get ready for your classes then you come and see me later in the evening" she told them and they left.

"Are you sure no one is going to know about it?" Becky asked silently. "Shut up! None of you should talk about this again, okay??" Melanie said staring sternly at the girls. "Even if they do find her, it will be her soulless body" she said with an evil smirk.

"Are we just going to do nothing because I'm sure Almora won't sit still if anything happened to either of us" Amy said as they all sat at the cafeteria for lunch. "Well Ms Carmen has said we should come and meet her in the evening. So let's wait till then and hear what she will say" Oliver said. "It feels so boring without her" Stacy said and they all sighed.

Almora was struggling in her sleep. A woman comes towards her and places her hand on Almora's head. A bright red light is emitting from her hand. After the light coming from her hand went off, Almora stopped struggling and was sleeping peacefully again. The bruises around Almora's body and face had already healed up.

Almora's friends rushed to Ms Carmen's office. "Did you find her?" Amy asked immediately they were in the office. Ms Carmen nodded negative. "We searched but didn't find her. Don't worry we will keep searching and her mother's case is settled. She called and told me to tell Almora that she will be going on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks so she won't be able to attend to any calls" Ms Carmen said.

"Okay that's settled but how do we find her?" Lucian said as his eyes were glowing. "I need you to control your emotions and your powers. Doing this won't help" Ms Carmen said as she stood up and slammed her hands on the table. "Now what I want you all to do for me is to find out who called her and we, the teachers will continue with our search. I'm sure you can help with that" she said and they all nodded affirmative.

They all wished each other good night and headed to their respective hostels.