Teamwork

"I pray we get selected" Stacy said. "I'm so nervous". "We'll be fine. Don't worry about it too much" Almora said. She was also nervous but didn't want to show it so she wouldn't add more to Stacy's nervousness.

They finally got to the locker room. The volleyball court was in an open space next to the basketball court. Almora and Stacy changed into their sports wear. They both took a deep breath as they walked out of the locker room to the volleyball court.

The volleyball court was already crowded when they got there. A tag was given to each of them, one which was blue and another yellow. Both of them were given blue tags. "Gather round students" I'm Ms.Ashley, your volleyball coach".

"As you can see that you have all been given a different color of tags. We have the ones of blue and the ones of yellow. Both teams will compete against each other, the best players of both teams will be selected to join the team. Understood"

"Yes ma'am".

All the students chorused out together. "Now start". Almora and Stacy walked to the side of the court where the blue team was. The whistle was blown and Almora took a deep breath.

There was a team of six players on each side And the game started. Almora's team had not been able to score a point at all. The whistle was blown again, it was the end of the first half of the game.

"If we keep playing like this, we won't get selected at all" Stacy said. "That's because we aren't playing like a team" Almora replied. "Hey guys" Stacy said calling out to the rest of their team but she got no answer from them. "Guys!!" Stacy shouted and the rest of the team finally looked at her.

"What is it?" one of the team members asked with an irritated face. "Don't ask what is it? You should be thinking of how we would win the games but no you don't want to talk to me all because I'm a red" Almora said "Look if we keep playing like this we will never get selected as there are still many more teams that are trying out, so if I were you I would be planning on how to win this game as a team"

The team finally sat down and listened to what Almora had to say. They laid out their plan and all agreed on it. "I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you. I guess we shouldn't always believe rumors. By the way, I'm Amy". She said and extended her hand to her. Almora shook her hand giving her a smile. They all introduced themselves to one another. The whistle was blown, it was time for the second half of the game.

The yellow team had 12 points while the blue had none. Almora gave a nod to the rest of her team and they started playing. The blue team finally started to play well. They had already scored 15 points while the yellow team had 20 points. Anyone who saw both teams would think that it was a real volleyball match and not tryouts.

The yellow team were getting angered seeing the blue team playing well. They gave a nod to each other and one of the team player's eyes turned green while looking at Almora, after a while her eye color changed back to normal. Almora who didn't notice what just happened immediately felt a sharp pain at her back and fell on the floor screaming in pain. "Almora what happened" Stacy asked with worried eyes. The whistle was blown immediately Ms. Ashley noticed Almora in pain.

She ran to her and asked what was wrong. "My back hurts, one minute I was standing and all of a sudden I felt my back ache..... Ahhhhhhhhh"Almora cried in pain. Lucian who had been watching Almora since the beginning of the game ran towards her immediately he saw her crying in pain. "Brittany come over here now and fix what you did" Ms. Ashley said with an annoyed face. Brittany eyes went wide in shock. "I said Come here now!!" Brittany immediately walked over and started blabbering saying she doesn't know how to heal the pain that she couldn't undo it. "I..I.. I'm...so sorry... ma'am" she begged.

Without caring about anybody else that was there, Lucian put Almora to sleep so she wouldn't cry anymore. He carried her, turned to Ms. Ashley and said " I'll take her to the infirmary". She gave him a nod and said to everyone "Tryouts for today is over, it continues tomorrow". Almora's team members quickly followed Lucian to the infirmary.

The look in Lucian's eyes was the kind of look when one was very hungry and angry at the same time but his hunger was the one to deal with who did this to Almora. He finally got to the infirmary and dropped her on the bed so gently that anyone who saw this would think that it was happening in slow motion. The nurse treated her and said "by the time she wakes up she won't feel any pain again. Lucian breathed out a sigh of relief and raked his hands through his hair, stood up and left.