Trapped in the dark forest

It had already been a week since Almora had gone missing. Almora's friends were sitted outside on one of the benches eating lunch. "It's been a week now since Almora has gone missing" Amy said with a sigh. "We've tried to know who did it but we couldn't" Brian said.

"Guys wait, I think I know what we missed" Amy said. "And what is that?" Lucian asked. "We all know that there are some certain people who don't like Almora" Amy continued. "It's everyone who doesn't" Oliver said. "Everybody likes her, the only thing they are afraid of is her power but we know of a particular set of people who don't like her at all" Amy explained.

"Melanie and her idiots" Lucian said with gritted teeth. "How dare they?" he shouted as he slammed his hands on the table. "Lucian calm down. We have to do this wisely. If we act rashly now, we won't be able to get answers to our questions" Amy said and Lucian calmed down. "If we want to get answers, it can't be from Melanie but her idiots. They will be very easy to get answers from" Stacy said.

"Yeah that's true but how do we get to them without Melanie knowing because if she does, she will never let them say a word" Amy said. "We are going to need the headmistress's help on this" Oliver said. "How is she going to help?" Evans asked.

"We will tell her to call Melanie to her office while we deal with Julie and Becky. We just need her to keep her busy for an hour" Oliver explained. "Well, I guess we have a plan" Brian said and all of them nodded affirmative at it.

"Where am I?" Almora said to no one as she woke up and noticed herself in a strange surrounding. "You are finally awake" a woman said which made Almora jolt up immediately. "Who are you?".

"I'm Emily and you"

"I'm.....Almora" she said stammering. "Where am I?" she asked scared.

"No need to be scared. I'm not going to hurt you and you are in the dark forest"

"What!! How did I get here? For how long have I been gone?"

"How you got here, hmmmm... don't know. I think you have been here for up to a month" she said nonchalantly.

"A month!!! How could I have been here for a month?". Almora looked around searching for her phone and when she finally found it and was about to put it on Emily said "Phones don't work here. In fact nothing electronic works here".

Almora ran out of the tent she was in. "So this is the dark forest" Almora said as she looked around. "I would advise you not to run away as the forest is a maze and it changes so if you run away and want to come back you won't know your way back" Emily said as she came out of the tent. "A maze?" Almora asked confused. "Yeah, that's why it's prohibited for students during those times" Emily explained

"Are you also a student at Greenland?" Almora asked. "Yes I am. I've been stuck here for as long as I know".

"Wow that's a lot"

"So you're a Red huh"

"Yeah and you"

"I'm a blue"

"You're still a first year student right?" Emily asked. "Yeah".

"I could help you with your powers till we are able to get out of here. Being here has made me stronger with my powers as I have learnt how to control them on my own" Emily said. "Really!! You would?? But how can I trust that your intentions are good".

"You were badly injured when I found you. If I wanted you dead, I wouldn't have treated your wounds" she explained. "Okay fine. When are we going to start?" Almora asked looking very eager. "We start now" Emily said.

"So they are your suspects" Ms Carmen asked Almora's friends and they all nodded affirmative. "Okay I'll help you to distract Melanie by calling her to my office but this should bring out positive results. I don't want it to be a waste of time" she explained. "We are sure it will be positive" Amy said. "Okay that's settled then. I'll tell you immediately she's in my office" Ms Carmen said as she took a sip out of her coffee and they all left her office.

"It's been a week and we haven't even heard anyone speak about her not even her friends. There's been no news of her going missing" Julie said silently. "It makes it better for us as any evidence against us would have been gone before they start searching for her" Melanie said with a sinister smile and continued "Haven't I warned you not to speak about it again?". "Sorry Melanie" Julie said.

"What about Lucian? Has he started to look in your direction?" Becky asked. "Not yet but he will very, very soon" Melanie said smiling.

"To be able to transform yourself into someone else, you need to be able to transform things first and then your eye color, nose, hair color or style etc" Emily explained. "So I want you to change this apple in front of you to a pineapple. All you have to do is picture what you're changing it into first and then the magic happens" she continued as she circled around Almora.