" 𝟏𝟗✩

HARLEM NEW YORK
1 WEEK LATER
5:28PM

MAKAYLA had been at home all week without leaving her room—dontae had been worried sick about her after hearing her and dd broke up. he had to find out from notti.

makayla hadn't been eating or speaking to anybody—even notti. that's how they knew it was bad. ddot and notti tried showing up and bringing her food, but the girl just wouldn't come out.

of course ddot and notti knew she didn't cheat on the boy—but they had a hard time trying to convince dd she didn't. the boy wouldn't come out his room ever since the two broke up. notti hated seeing his brother like that.

isaiah had been wondering why makayla hadn't been coming to school—but somebody at school had informed him that dd and makayla broke up. and that's when he knew him and jennie's plan worked.

Isaiah did feel a bit bad that makayla was in such distraught—but he didn't feel any pity for dd. he figured dd should've kept to himself, if isaiah couldn't have makayla nobody could.

isaiah just grabbed his phone as he started texting jennie—he needed to see if he was the only one that was notified about the great news.

isaiah
jennie

jennie
what isaiah?!

isaiah
yk about the breakup right?

jennie
of course i do, now stop texting im trying to call dd.

isaiah
ight wtv

isaiah was trying his best to feel happy that makayla and dd broke up, but he wasn't really feeling how he should feel—he should be feeling over joyed, but makayla didn't come running to him like he assumed she would. isaiah was now starting to question if it was even worth it.

isaiah shook his head quickly—of course it was worth it. makayla was now single, and that meant he could try again with her without getting pushed away.

isaiah just grabbed his car keys as he left his house quickly—he was gonna try and go comfort makayla so she would want to confide in him.

BROWN RESIDENCE
5:35PM

isaiah quickly made his way up to makayla's and dontae's apartment as he knocked on the door—around two minutes later of many knocks makayla opened the door. and she looked rough.

her hair was put in a messy bun, she had dark circles around her eyes, and her eyes were red—the girl had been crying for hours to the point where she didn't have any tears left.

isaiah felt his heart tingling, seeing makayla in this state made him feel horrible—especially because he was the reason the girl was like this in the first place.

"what isaiah." makayla said—isaiah couldn't even recognize her voice. she sounded like she had lost complete control over her voice, it was raspy and she sounded like it hurt everytime she attempted to talk.

"you good makayla?" isaiah asked as makayla looked at him like he was dumb. "i'm fine, can you please leave now isaiah?" makayla asked as she attempted to shut the door, but isaiah almost immediately placed his foot in between the door

"wait." isaiah said as makayla backed up a bit—"can i order you some food or something?" isaiah asked as makayla shook her head no quickly.

"i'm not hungry, bye isaiah" makayla said as she attempted to shut the door again—but isaiah forcefully made himself in. "what are you doing?! move isaiah!" makayla said as isaiah grabbed both of her arms aggressively.

"i'm just tryna help makayla." isaiah said as he pinned makayla onto the counter—makayla's heart started beating rapidly, she didn't know what was about to happen next. and the thought of anything happening made her sick to her stomach.

"isaiah let me go!" makayla said trying to let lose but isaiah just wouldn't let go—"why do you keep pushing me away!" isaiah spat out as makayla's eyes started to water—"isaiah let me go.." makayla said lowly as the door then opened.

"let my sister go!" dontae said as he ran over to isaiah and makayla—dontae almost immediately punched isaiah in his face as he let go of makayla. makayla ran into the corner as she watched her brother beat the breaks off isaiah.

"what is wrong with you!" dontae spat out as isaiah quickly got up off the floor and ran out of the apartment—dontae ran over to his sister as makayla cried into her brothers arms.

"shh." dontae said as he embraced makayla—she just cried into her brother's arms. makayla was just thinking about everything isaiah could've did if dontae never came. and it made her stomach turn.

"i'm so sorry makayla." dontae said as him and makayla just sat there in silence.