" 𝟐𝟔✩

HARLEM NEW YORK
REYES RESIDENCE
SUNDAY 3:10AM

DD laid down while smoking the blunt he had just got finished rolling—he'd been in his room all day just thinking about makayla.

he didn't know how much longer he could take being away from her—he'd been thinking about texting or calling all day. but he didn't know how she would respond.

he was even surprised the girl actually spoke back to him when they were at school—dd had come home geeked after school notti was looking at him like he was crazy.

but for now? dd had to wait it out, he knew he was gonna get makayla back regardless—just not now. he needed to give it time.

he had drake playing in the background with the volume up high—everybody else in the house was sleeping, but he couldn't sleep.

dd sat up in his bed as he continued hitting the blunt—about five minutes later he then heard a couple of knocks on his door.

"come in" dd said as the door opened showing no other than his little brother—"yo dick." notti said giving dd a bored looked with a cover wrapped around his body.

notti's hair was sticking up in a couple of places, and he was pissed off. it was three in the morning and his brother was playing drake at probably the highest volume. he was tired of this shit

"i know you in ya feelings or whatever, but it's dead three in the morning dd." notti said with his hands on his hips as dd tried not to laugh at his brothers reaction. notti was very sassy, but when it came to his gang activities he never played any games.

"my bad twin." dd said putting his hand on his forehead while shaking it—notti just sighed before walking over to dd and sitting down on the bed.

"i miss my girl." dd said looking up at his brother as notti nodded while re-wrapping the cover around himself.

"i know you do, but yall the only ones that can fix this." notti said before he let out a small yawn—dd nodded at his brother words. notti was right, dd was the one who didn't let makayla tell her side of the story.

and now that they're broken up, he realized what  big mistake he did. what if makayla was telling the truth? dd didn't really give her a change to explain herself.

"it's my fault." dd said deadpanning himself in the forehead—all these stories and scenarios he was making up in his mind wasn't doing anything but hurting him.

that's why he used the blunt and music to get over it—but it only made him miss the girl more. "i know but...can you turn this shit down?" notti asked while standing up off the bed and going over to dd's tv.

dd laughed loudly in the back as notti finally cut the music down—notti turned to his laughing brother as he was now laughing himself

it made notti soften up seeing his brother finally laughing and smiling in a while—he knew dd was opening back up, and he loved that for him.

"but fuck all that, you needa go to sleep." notti said pointing at his brother as dd rolled his eyes playfully.

"i'm not tired." dd said shrugging as notti smacked his lips—"i ain't ask if you was tired, i said you needa go to sleep." notti said in a duh tone as dd laughed. the two were now in a comfortable silence before notti spoke up again

"i love you ight?" notti said to his brother as dd nodded in a knowing manner. "love you more." dd said as notti walked back over to him before sitting back down on the bed.

"i'm going to sleep in your bed now." notti said climbing into dd's bed before going under the cover—dd just watched his brother snuggle up on his bed.

"yo you getting too comfortable." dd said laughing as notti shrugged before closing his eyes with a wide smirk on his face.

"night twin." notti said as he let out a yawn—"goodnight notti." dd said as he stood up from the bed himself.

he then walked on the other side of the bed as he climbed in aswell—even if things were going left in dd's life, his brother was the only thing that could make them go right.

(bars)