" 𝟐𝟕✩

HARLEM NEW YORK
STUDIO
MONDAY 5:28PM

DD was at the studio for the 100th time this week—he usually would come after school these past weeks, and that's exactly what he did today.

makayla wasn't at school today, so it was boring. dd didn't know how he felt at the moment—makayla and him actually spoke at school, but now what?

dd cut the microphone off as he took off his headphones—he'd just been working on a couple songs, but everytime he actually tried to focus all he could think about was makayla.

"let's just try again tomorrow ight? don't beat yourself up kid." his manager said patting his shoulder as he nodded slowly. "aight.." dd said lowly as his manager left the studio box.

dd hadn't been improving with his music ever since him and makayla broke up—he'd probably only recorded around 2 songs fully. and he had a lot of them to record.

this wasn't gonna work—dd was gonna have to get makayla back, she affected him too much he couldn't even focus on his job.

dd let out a big sigh as he looked at his phone that was sitting on the couch—dd was contemplating, and hard.

he didn't wanna call makayla because the girl was honestly probably sleep, and he was too scared to talk to her one on one—what if she hung up on him? he definitely wasn't trying to take that risk.

so why not just call her brother instead?

dd stood up from the chair as he walked over to his phone—he sat down on the couch while grabbing it at the same time.

dd laid his head back as he unlocked his phone quickly—soon as he unlocked it the first thing that popped up was his and makayla's old texts.

he honestly read them on a daily basis—it was apart of his daily task at this point. dd just smiled widely as he scrolled up and down throughout the messages again for the 10th time today.

but he quickly shook his head realizing what he was supposed to be doing in the first place—dd went to his contacts as he scrolled for dontae's.

after he finally found it he called it just waiting on an answer—a couple seconds later dontae finally had answered the phone.

"yea dd?" dontae asked with confusion in his tone. dd had never actually called him to talk one on one before, so he was a bit confused as to why he was calling him.

"yo" dd said as dontae said it back as he continued waiting for dd to tell him what he wanted.

"yea? what's wrong?" dontae asked as dd sat there for a few seconds—he realized maybe he should start talking to dontae more. what if dd was just calling just to chat?

"uh..is makayla home?" dd asked in a slight nervous tone as dontae sat there—he then let out a small laugh as dd heard the background noises over the phone.

"yeaa, but she sleep." dontae said as dd let out a disappointed sigh—he didn't know what he was gonna do even if makayla was awake, but he just wanted to hear the girls voice.

"oh alright, ima talk to you later gang." dd said as dontae nodded before hanging up—and as soon as he dd, dd cursed loudly.

dd was honestly just a helpless case at this point. he felt like he was going crazy.

he was now contemplating if he should call makayla and wake her up—but why would he wake her up out of her sleep just because he wanted to hear her voice?

but everything would be alright in the end, because dd was gonna go over to makayla's house and get her back.

tomorrow