Chapter 2

"Why are you shouting?" Instantly after Minji received the letter and let out a scream, her parent walked out to the veranda and she immediately ran over to them rather excitedly

"Why are you shouting?" Instantly after Minji received the letter and let out a scream, her parent walked out to the veranda and she immediately ran over to them rather excitedly. "Guess what? I got the internship position~" Minji showed her parents the letter of appointment at one of the few companies Minji had applied for after graduating college. "...the company's back in Seoul. The largest energy company in the country as well."

"You sure this is not a fake letter or anything? People tend to do all that scams and horrible things to people like us..." Her mother asked as she's reading the paper. "I don't think it's a fake letter at all dear and look here, there's the official government stamp at the bottom and also here on the envelope. I'd say that this is a legitimate letter and our daughter here really did got accepted to the company" His father countered the point. "So you're going back to Seoul after this then..." Minji just nodded at her parents with not so happy smile.

"Yeah... For my dream and my hope, I guess I am. But I still have the rest of the month to prepare for everything anyway so I still have quite a bit of time to spend with my family here..." Despite her trying to sound cheerful, Minji couldn't help but shedding a few tears because knowing that she had to leave home again after she got back home a couple years ago. 

"Then why there are tears on your eyes Minji? You've been working hard throughout those four years in college for this right? Now you finally got the chance you're looking for and you're crying? Why? You're going to miss us all here? Look my daughter, I know you will okay? You're a good daughter Minji." Her mother's calm front's giving her strength as she just gave her parents a hug.

Soon after, Minji got the news over to her brother... "Really!? You got accepted!?" Mingyu who's pushing a wheelbarrow filled with hays, had to put the tool down as he's also excited to hear the news and him obviously feeling proud of his sister. "Yeah. I mean we literally talked about it this morning and now I got the letter. Maybe tomorrow we should talk about money then who knows..." Minji and Mingyu shared a laugh as he wanted to hug his sister but his sweat stained shirt made him just patting onto her shoulders. "I'm proud of you Minji. At least you're going to make our family here very proud of your achievement, something that I didn't have the chance to do when I was younger. So do your best okay?"

"Don't say that okay. You and I both know that mom and day are always proud of you too okay. Our farm wouldn't operate this smoothly in years if it weren't for your help throughout the years. We all got our parts to do in our lives and I guess this is my part of the deal." Secretly relieved to hear that from his sister, Mingyu nodded his head with a hum as he pushed the wheelbarrow back towards the barn at the back of the house. 

"I'm proud of you Kim Minji!" Mingyu raised his voice in a proudly tone and Minji's all smile while seeing his hardworking brother's back view.

When night time arrived, Minji's in her room as she's on her phone and contemplating whether to call a specific someone she knew in Seoul. After being indecisive for a bit, she went 'screw it' before giving that person a call. "I hope Dani doesn't mind about this..."

It took seconds before her call went through. "Kim Minji~" A bright female voice echoed from the other side as Minji formed a light smile. "Hi Danielle, sorry for calling this late at night but ummm I have something to ask you..." Minji replied. "Oh no it's fine, girl we spent four years of college as roommates what are you apologizing for geez~ What is it Minji? You okay?" Apparently this friend of hers, is a bright and attentive type of friend that Minji's glad to befriend.

"I actually got accepted at a company back in Seoul and I'm due to start the first day of next month but umm... I kind of have nowhere to stay once I get to Seoul so ummm..." Minji's hesitating as Danielle just gave her a gentle hum. "Okay, you can stay with me. At least until you can find yourself a place to stay right?" Danielle gave her a comforting chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for doing this so suddenly Dani but ummm it's been a while since I've been to Seoul and I kind of not wanting to be there, living alone by myself for a some time..." Minji saidh her concern as Danielle kept on humming gently at her. "I understand Minji. You don't have to apologize for anything."

"I know I can count on you Dani. You're the best. I promise I won't be burdening you and I will quickly find myself a place to stay once I get there okay?" Minji replied. "There's no need to rush. Just give me the time when you'll be coming over and I'll have a room prepared for you in no time."

"Okay Dani, thanks again. You're the best. I'll see you soon okay?" Minji then ended her call with her friend before heaved out a long breath in relief. She then leaned back against the wall as her eyes wandered over at the window by her side and the moon's shining bright and fully tonight that it made her smile knowing that she'll hopefully will be having herself a stable life now and she could finally got the opportunity to help her parents, to help this small village of hers hopefully in the near future.

Only a matter of time before Minji's Seoul bounded...

Just an update for those who haven't been notified but there's a change in the character's lineup for this story, specifically in the male support character

Just an update for those who haven't been notified but there's a change in the character's lineup for this story, specifically in the male support character. Other than that, the rest is still as it is.

Peace.