Chapter 4

The sun's up and so did Kim Minji as she's by the kitchen of Danielle's apartment, making herself a cup of coffee to start her day

The sun's up and so did Kim Minji as she's by the kitchen of Danielle's apartment, making herself a cup of coffee to start her day. She's trying to keep everything as quiet as possible because her friend's probably still deep in slumber. As she made a couple of toasts with butter, she had a good breakfast before heading to the bathroom to get a nice warm shower.

Took her time, she got all dried up, from her hair to her feet before she's all dressed up appropriately for her first day as an intern in one of Seoul's largest ecological and manpower company. "Intern is not the end of the world Kim Minji, you'll do great even as an intern..." although she only got accepted as an intern, Minji swore to herself that she'll get herself a permanent spot in the company. All that she got to do was to work her hardest and showed the people in there that she deserves to stay.

Meanwhile her friend's already woken up by the time she's in the shower. "Oh~ You're going now?" Danielle saw Minji walked out of her room from the table she sat by while she's having her morning coffee. "Yes I am Dani, I don't really want to be late  on my first day on the job..." Minji walked past Danielle before she stood up in front of a mirror close to the front door to get a final check on her appearance. "Okay, everything looks okay... buttons all in, collars okay... no price tag still intact..."

"Minji-ya~" Danielle made her way to her friend while holding a cobalt blue coat. "...here you can wear this. It'll make your outfit great I promise you." Danielle then got the coat covered up Minji's top and she was right, it complimented the blouse and the skirt Minji's wearing. "You don't have to give it back to me, just use this whenever you want okay? Good luck~"

Thanking her friend, Minji then made her way down the apartment before she went on with her plan to use the subway for faster travel to the company building. "Goodness me, this is how committed people really are in Seoul... geez." People's daily commitments to work during the morning in Seoul really did surprise Minji as the way the stairs headed for the subway all the way to subway itself was crowded and by crowded, it means really, really cramped with people.

But nevertheless, though tired and stunned still, Minji safely arrived by the company building and goodness gracious, it's an enormous building as well. "I guess it's not a twelve storey building as I thought it would be..." Probably the building's storey was double the number she had imagine beforehand. Clearing her throat on the way in, Minji made her way to the front counter and inquired about the new intern position by the eco-energy department and upon checking, she's approved to enter the department.

"So here's your pass for the department's use and your destination will on the twelfth floor then just find Miss Hyonjoo, she'll be the intern's superior." Minji was being briefed on where she needed to head to as she nodded with a warm smile. "Okay noted, thank you~" She thanked the receptionist before getting herself a pass needed for the department she's going to work for, she got the strip around her neck before making her way to the elevator and just her luck that she saw a ton of people's waiting for the elevator as well. 

Time's flowing by, people by people got into the elevator and eventually Minji found herself the last one but the metal space in front of her was too crowded so she let them all went up first. She looked over to the rest of the elevators and found one just about to arrived at the ground floor.

She looked behind her slightly and noticed that she's all alone for now and the front lobby was surprisingly calm and no people seems to be walking in. In the end, one elevator door opened and she took one last look behind her, seeing that she's still alone and secretly she's relieved. "At least I can take a breather while I'm getting up..." She whispered as she went over to the vacant elevator.

As she stepped in and was ready to push to close button, her eyes darted to her front and she saw someone's walking fast approaching the elevator she's in. "Hold it please~" She heard the male's panicky voice as Minji quickly stopped the door from closing with her palm, giving the chance for the man to enter. "Maybe not..." She whispered to herself knowing that she might not be able to take a proper breather now that's someone's in the elevator with her as well.

"Thank you so much... Most people would've let the door close..." The man's panting before catching his breath as Minji's head was dropped low before she just nodded her head slightly. "You're welcome..." She said rather softly. Hearing her, as they're standing next to each other with a visible distance between them, he took a quick peek at her, respectfully, before noticing something and seeing how timid and rather awkward Minji was by the corner of the metal space, he immediately thought of something...

"Are you perhaps... new here miss?" While Minji didn't even heard his voice clearly before because he was panting while talking, the second time Minji heard him, he sounded calm and well-mannered with a hint of friendliness in his voice so she braved herself and lifted her head. When her eyes were just about to land on his face, out of nowhere the lights above went off and the elevator stopped moving.

The elevator left the two with nothing but pitch black and a scream from Minji echoed within the small space around them...

Starting next chapter onwards, I will write them longer. I promise. Right now is just the flow of the story, leading our girl Minji here to what seem to be a unique encounter with someone... Let's see who is this guy she's stuck with in the elevator in the next chapter. See you Saturday~