Chapter 16

"Jeongin, I can't do this anymore

"Jeongin, I can't do this anymore... I know you already said I should do what my heart wants for myself but you don't understand..." Yuna's exhausted voice echoed in Jeongin's ears. "...it's easier said than done. Maybe you might have a chance to have a say with your father about this but you know I can't..." She heaved out a sigh.

"I know Yuna... but it's just that, even I don't think I might even have a chance to explain things to my father properly about this but at the end of the day, we have to do it anyway. You need to do this for yourself as much as I need to do this for mine..." Jeongin's trying to calm her down but at the same time trying to convince her to keep on fighting against this arrange marriage being set up for the two of them.

"How... Jeongin just tell me how... I'm afraid to go against my father, I never did that my whole life, he got me where I am today and because of that I always remained as her obedient daughter. But this one's different... this is my life, our lives and I need reasons to tell them that I can't continue with this any longer..." Tired with everything, Yuna took a seat on the chair across of Jeongin's desk. "...I don't want to ruin yours as well."

Then everything went silence between them and the tension's definitely there in the air. "You know what, I met this one girl by the elevator, one of the staff I think... and I asked her out of the blue regarding her opinions on arranged marriage and you want to know what she said to me?" Jeongin turned his attention to Yuna in front of him.

"She said it's either one, you have no objections with the marriage, both of you wanted it and you can carry on or two, if the marriage itself contemplates with what you want then it's up to you to make your own choice that's best for you because your future itself will shape up based on your life choices, just a matter if you're making the right ones..." Yuna said out the exact thing Minji had said to her when the two conversed in the elevator before.

"...she sounded so much like you, I thought that I was actually talking with you that time. I wish I'd asked her name... that girl seems caring and wise..." Yuna was having regrets of not asking Minji her name that day because she would love to see her again which almost impossible since, Yuna spent most of her time in her office while Minjii spent her working hours at a room quite at the far corner of the department floor.

"She has this nice smile, though I only saw that once, but she has a nice gummy smile. I wish they're more people like her in this world to be honest..." Yuna whispered before standing up. "I will try convincing my father again. At least I am fighting for my future as much as you're fighting for yours..."

"I'm sorry that you got dragged into this mess Yuna... You deserve better than this." Jeongin said back to her in a rather apologetic tone while she could smile bitterly. "We deserve better than this Jeongin... When this is over, I'm handing over my resignation letter."

With a light sigh, Jeongin just nodded his head. "Good luck." He wished her sincerely as Yuna finally able to smile without the tension and stress overflowing her mind. "You too..." She then made her way out of his office before sitting back down on her desk. And knowing that no one can enter without knocking at the door, she had her face covered with her palms before crying out the fear and distress out of her soul silently...