Chapter 15

It was a dull Sunday morning, at least for Yongjae that was, as his eyes had been awake for a couple of hours yet he's still lying flat on his bed, eyes staring at his ceiling for a few moments then switching his views towards the windows then to ...

It was a dull Sunday morning, at least for Yongjae that was, as his eyes had been awake for a couple of hours yet he's still lying flat on his bed, eyes staring at his ceiling for a few moments then switching his views towards the windows then to his phone and that kept going on repeat until he finally got the energy to get off his bed.

As he walked out his bedroom there's nothing but pure silence, suffocating silence engulfing him as he's making his way to the kitchen. Got over to the fridge and got himself a glass of cold water, his eyes wandered towards the dinner table as the note and the envelope filled with money that his parents had left him before they went on a business trip almost a month ago, were still there, remained untouched ever since Yongjae found it.

The reason behind his sudden loss of mood and cheerful mood since yesterday was caused by none other than his own parents. Being a son to two rather influential people that each had their own businesses to run, Yongjae's life was never a life filled with love and attention from his parents from such a young age, unfortunately.

By the age of five, where other kids would go to schools at this age, Yongjae's childhood was spent in his home, being home-schooled from such an early age before being sent abroad to studies during his teenage years, all the way till he graduated college back in Australia.

Basically, Yongjae's life growing up, he grew up being a loner that didn't even receive much love from the two people who brought him into this world. The more he grew up, the more he realized that his parent's way of showing him 'love' was through money and wealth...

...and to say Yongjae himself is a wealthy man was an understatement. But he didn't care about wealth, all that he wanted was for his own father and mother to ask him, just once would be enough, about his well-being, about his day, showing that they care about him more than their jobs and statuses.

...he would do anything for his parent's affection so that this lingering thoughts of him being just a waste of space in this world would eventually fade away, the thoughts of him not being good enough for his parents, the thoughts that he didn't have any purpose in this world would all go away...

These thoughts, these torturing feelings, they're slowly destroying him, exhausting him mentally more than physically, crippling him with overthinking and anxieties from time to time. And todays no exception as at the outside he's just standing still by the fridge, yet in his mind was more like a battlefield.

This was all because back yesterday, just the morning where the company started using the solar panels, he received a phone call from his parents on what supposed to be the day they should be arriving back home. And him somehow being excited to see his mother's caller ID on his phone screen, immediately he answered.

Yet his hope was crushed down as instead of them asking their son about his well-being after a month not being home, they only told him that they would be extending their trip for another week and at that point, Yongjae literally broke down in tears, alone in the living room.