Chapter 5

It was a regular, slow yet normal day in Seoul, just like any other day but apparently it wasn't as normal as much anyone's anticipated as the city suddenly experienced electricity stoppage due to an unforeseeable explosion occurred at the city ma...

It was a regular, slow yet normal day in Seoul, just like any other day but apparently it wasn't as normal as much anyone's anticipated as the city suddenly experienced electricity stoppage due to an unforeseeable explosion occurred at the city main power plants.

As this occurrence's basically a first for the city, Seoul was sent into a state of panic and chaos. People scattering outside of buildings and shops and houses, not even knowing what had happened except for those who lived close by the power plants area.

It took a lot of uniformed individuals, from the police department, to the army and even the fire department to deploy for different parts of the city in order to restore peace upon the panicking people.

Meanwhile...

...back in the elevator, where Minji was apparently trapped inside with a guy and with the light's off above them and the elevator stopped moving, Minji let out a terrified scream. With her eyes could barely see anything other than pitch black, she pressed herself against the corner of the small metal space.

"You okay?" Minji heard him as she suddenly felt a hand pressed against her shoulder so still terrified that she was, Minji let out yet another scream before a shine of light shone in front of her. The man was flashing the flashlight from his phone from under his chin.

...and yet the scene in front of her was not helping as he looked way scarier with the light below his face. With her hands wiggling out in fear, he finally realized as he then shone the flashlight from above them and now Minji finally had the chance to get a look at his face.

"Calm down, calm down it's just me..." He quickly let his hand off her shoulder as he took a step away from her just so Minji could have her space. "...you okay Miss? You're breathing too quickly... slow down... calm down... it's okay... I'm not going to hurt you..." He asked, rather calm and composed in his tone.

With Minji's calming down her heavy breathing, she just nodded at him before looking down. "I'm okay, sorry for shouting at you before... I ummm, I'm not really fond of the dark..." Minji whispered, still panicking a bit. "We're going to be okay. The power's going to come back on any minute now..." He whispered, trying to be optimistic despite not knowing what had happened outside by the city.

"We're in an elevator, with no lights, no power and probably have zero phone signals in here, we're not going to be okay..." Suddenly she let out a cry as Minji's legs felt weak so she knelt down with her hands holding onto the side of her hair. "...we're not going to make it out. I'm going to die in here alone on my first day in the darkness where I hate it the most, this sucks...."

"You have your phone?" Somehow Minji's questioning the calmness in this man next to her as she looked up to him already knelt down to her level next to her. "Yeah... I have..." She could only answer while stuttering a bit out of fear of the dark and basically everything that's happening right now. "Then can you open up the flashlight from your phone as well... then we'll hopefully have enough lights to get rid of the darkness." He replied as he placed his phone on the floor right in front of them and the light shining above them was filling the room a little bit.