Chapter 24

"My parents are here and they're on their way up now

"My parents are here and they're on their way up now..." Yongjae who's standing by the dinner table at their new kitchen, heard his girlfriend's voice as she walked into the kitchen. "...you okay baby?" She walked over to him after noticing the slight visible nervousness plastered on his face but Yongjae gave her a nod with a light smile. "Yeah, I'm okay... I hope they're not going to be disappointed in me Hanni, that's all..."

Hanni's smile was light yet she felt saddened just by hearing that. "Don't worry okay..." She got over and had her arms around him tightly. She's not complaining because Hanni understood him as parental love was a rather sensitive topic for Yongjae and to be having worries and anxieties about Hanni's parents not being accepting of him was getting the toll on his mind. "...my parents are so excited to meet you okay? They've been texting me from time to time, asking me for photos of us and them knowing that their daughter finally have someone that can take care of their daughter was one of the happiest moments of their lives. And that's not me who said that, that's my mother."

"So you don't have to worry. They'll love you and you want to know why? Because I do. I love you so much..." And as expected, Hanni's calming words was enough to calm his mind off as she's that reassurance factor in his life at the moment that he didn't have to go through anymore of what he went through before and that's all behind them, behind him. "...Your well-being is my number one priority. Nothing will change that. I want only the best for you Yongjae..."

As he's still remained in Hanni's embrace, the doorbell echoed inside their new apartment. "They're here..." Hanni whispered with a smile as she let him off her embrace and made her way to the front door while Yongjae followed behind her silently. Hanni got the door opened and at the other side was her parents and her younger sister so she wasted no time, squealing in joy as she got over and gave her family a very longing hug.

"I made all your favourite foods for you..." And Hanni's smile grew wider as her mother handed her a recycled bag filled with containers of Hanni's favourite dishes which her mother spent the whole day the other day making them. "Aww mommy..." She pursed her lips into a pout as she's sniffing before accepting the food from her mother. "Now, where is he? Is Yongjae inside?" Her mother's excited voice's making her daughter chuckle as Hanni nodded. "He's inside mommy..."

So Hanni immediately brought her family into their new home and Yongjae's waiting at the end of the hallway and his smile was as soft and as timid as he's feeling now but to his surprise, he was immediately found in her mother's arms, hand's patting his back just as warm as the way Hanni usually does. His eyes found their way to the almost identical pair of eyes like Hanni's in the older woman who's hugging him. "I've been waiting to finally meet the person who's taking care of my daughter here and now I finally got to meet you..."

"Pleasure to meet you too... Ma'am..." Yongjae respectfully bowed his head down as he was let off her mother's embrace with her head's shaking after hearing him. "I don't want you to call me that..." Even her mother's way of speaking resembled Hanni's as Yongjae's gulped down silently. "...you're taking care of my daughter while we're not with her here then you also get to call me your mother..." And instantly, an unknown yet familiar feeling was struck into him. A wave of acceptance, a euphoric of love, a symbol of peace... "...can you do that for me Yongjae boy?"