Chapter 18

It was the sound of Minji's phone, ringing next to her ears, that eventually pulled the lady back into the land of the living

It was the sound of Minji's phone, ringing next to her ears, that eventually pulled the lady back into the land of the living. Though it took her a little bit while and with her eyes remained closed and the phone was still ringing, she had her arm stretched out to the side of the bed as she blindly reached her bag and her hand got into it and eventually reached her phone.

With her eyes still closed and a sharp shot of headache entered her head, Minji let out a grunt as she got her phone closed to her ear and answered her phone. "Hello..." She answered with a rather hoarse voice. "Hello? Minji are you okay?" Though half awake, she recognized the voice being Danielle's and she sounded worried, like a lot.

"Yeah... Yeah I am okay, what's wrong Dani?" The headache was making it hard for Minji to open up her eyes as she kept on silently grunting out the pain. "Where have you been? You haven't got back to the apartment since last night, I thought something bad happened..." Danielle's reply eventually got Minji to finally realize that the bed she's laying on was indeed too big and too comfortable to begin with.

"I didn't wha-" And the moment her eyes finally opened, her eyes landed on the sheet that's covering her whole body and obviously it's not the one that she had on her bed back in Danielle's apartment. "N-no, no don't worry about me. I'm okay Dani... I'm..." Minji slowly sat up as her hand's holding onto her head that's feeling dizzy and pain. "...hey can I like ...I'll call you later okay Danielle? I'm not fully awake now but I'm fine... I'll call you later." Minji then hang up her phone as her eyes realized the rather spacious and well decorated bedroom she's in right now and when she looked to her sides, she's all alone on the bed, with no signs of anyone's been laying down next to her.

"Oh god, don't tell me..." Then Minji took a peek under the sheet and a sigh of relief came out of her lips as she's still in her dress from last night. Then she had her eyes reverted to the side of the room she even saw the long coat Danielle borrowed her by the small sofa near the curtains. "Jeongin..." Minji, still with a hoarse voice, called out to Jeongin but the air remained silent. "...Jeongin are you there? I'm awake now..."

She looked over to her side and saw her bag before fetching it. Then she got off the bed, fetched her coat before she walked out the bedroom and walked her way slowly to the living room and then that's when she finally saw Jeongin. Her eyes were a bit blurry and once she got closer to where he was, she realized that he's still deep in his sleep on the sofa and Minji couldn't help but formed a soft smile while she got over to him.

She lowered her body down as the sight of his sleeping face was making her smiling on how peaceful he looked while sleeping. "Jeongin... Hey... Jeongin..." Minji called out his name as her hand's shaking his shoulder slowly and after a few more shakes, Jeongin's eyes slowly opened up. "Hmm..." He let out a weak hum as his eyes looked down and saw Minji's sitting down in front of him. "...oh Minji... you're awake?"

He then slowly sat up as Minji sat down next to him. "You slept here the whole night?" She asked and Jeongin nodded his head lightly before trying to open his eyes wider. "I did." He answered before yawning and scratching the back of his head. "Was I? What happened last night? I can't actually remember anything right now and my head's all dizzy and fuzzy..." Minji hoping for an explanation as she couldn't remember anything that happened last night right after they got back to Jeongin's apartment.