Chapter 9

"Then, can you tell me what is it with this sudden awkwardness from you whenever I looked at you during your first day with the company? Even now, I can almost feel the awkwardness from you Minji" Rather than making his voice sounded stern and int...

"Then, can you tell me what is it with this sudden awkwardness from you whenever I looked at you during your first day with the company? Even now, I can almost feel the awkwardness from you Minji" Rather than making his voice sounded stern and intimidating, Jeongin's voice was calm and was just as friendly and attentive as the same way he talked to her back during their first encounter.

Knowing that she couldn't possibly just ignore him now let alone just walk away from him, Minji let out a light sigh as she's looking down. "Why wouldn't I be Mister accountant..." Somehow her voice came out as a soft sulk in his ears and immediately he caught up with her. "You're still angry that I lied to you aren't you Minji?" Jeongin let out a light chuckle and Minji looked up and shot him a short glare with her lips pursed softly.

"You think? Why wouldn't I be mad at you? I literally told you my whole life story from A to W and the more we're talking to each other that time, the more I could see that you could potentially be someone that I can trust in the company, that was before you apparently lied to me Mister 'I thought you're an accountant who turns out to be my boss'..." Minji replied him and despite his light smile remained, inside he did also felt guilty about it but in all honesty, he had his reason.

"You're right... I have nothing to say to that except that I apologize for telling you a lie. But Minji can I ask you something? Would you rather me introducing myself as an accountant when we're trapped in the elevator? Or would you rather live with the fact that on your first day, you somehow got trapped with the one man who accepted you to work in the department?" Jeongin had his hands in his pockets and it caught Minji off-guard.

"I...ummm... I mean... obviously I would have felt better knowing that I'm trapped with a random accountant rather than the boss himself..." Minji embarrassedly answered him and he could only snicker slightly. "Well there you go. It's just a bit of psychology on my part Minji, we're in a distress situation and not even knowing if we're ever making it out alive back then and the last thing I want is to make you feel even more pressure and being nervous in a distress situation certainly won't help right?."

"I'm not expecting to believe me but I hope that you at least can understand where I'm coming from. I have no bad intentions towards you Kim Minji nor did I purposely lied to you because I am the owner of the department. When you told me your life story, I was so amazed when I'm hearing it. You and I are a completely different person based off of everything basically..." Minji being silent yet her eyes couldn't leave his black yet somehow glossing eyes. "...for once in my life, I heard a life story, so refreshing and exciting as yours. I believe that you came back here because you have a goal to reach right? And I know it's still too early but I believe in you and the other two interns."

"Am I right now intern Kim Minji?" Jeongin jokingly made his voice a bit stern, signifying his 'owner' status while Minji could only gulp and nodded her head. "Y-yes, sir. You're absolutely correct sir, thank you for the kind words or encouragement and having the sense of believe in myself and the other interns." With another chuckle, Jeongin nodded his head before the real question popped up in his head. "That's what I like to hear. But why are you here actually? Where's Hyonjoo and the other interns?"