Chapter 9

"Wedding dress, check" Amelia mumbled, lying comfortably on her bed, staring at the chandelier that hung on the ceiling. "Meeting his parents" she hesitated. "Not checked"

The thought of meeting his parents made her sick to the stomach. Being with rich people was something she had never done in her life. She wasn't only going to meet with them, but also dine with them, chat with them, and probably sleep over for a few days.

Xavier didn't make that part a certainty, but she knew it was likely going to happen. There was no way they wouldn't want to know more about her. A thorough assessment would be done, and she wondered how she would cope with that.

Xavier had already asked her to work on her acting skills. That, she was excellent at, but she was most definitely not good at lying. It was one of her biggest weaknesses

Tossing to the other side of the bed, she sighed in exasperation. Subsequently, the thought of Wendy brushed through her mind. She hadn't called her since she got here, and that was a no-no in their friendship. They always ensured they told each other in full detail about the most epic thing that occurred each day.

She held her phone to her ear and Wendy answered on the third ring.

"Wendy?"

"Amelia" she responded in a low, exhausted tone, rather than her normal bubbly one. That was so unlike her. Amelia sat up from her bed as worry shot through her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. How did the contract go?" she blurted out. Amelia knew she was trying to change the topic. Something was wrong with Wendy, she was certain

"Wendy, you don't sound fine"

"I am" she chortled through the phone to reassure Amelia she was fine, but that didn't work.

"Fine, I'm coming over"

"don't!" she snapped and what followed next was a whimper, taking Amelia by surprise. "You will only worsen it"

"What do you mean"?

"Liam he..." She stammered in a whisper.

Amelia could feel her blood boil. She already knew what happened. She felt the anger building up, and it would only take a little amount of time before she exploded.

"Did he touch you again?"

"Amelia listen to me. I know you are furious, but don't come over"

"What the fuck are still doing with him!"

"It's not that easy"

"Are you out of your mind? Where is he at the moment? " Amelia asked, knowing fully well if she finds out about his whereabouts, she was going to teach him a good lesson on how and why he should respect women

"Amelia, please stop, when we sort things out, I will tell you everything in full detail"

"You are going to settle with that demon?" Amelia yelled, almost losing her mind.

"Amelia please I have to go," she said. Before Amelia could say a word, Wendy hung up, which resulted in Amelia hurling her phone angrily onto the bed.

"You love someone, and you still hurt them. Love was just an excuse for pain" she thought inwardly, resisting the urge to track him down and reap all of his hair out of his head.

Amelia was still thinking of a way to get back at Liam for being such an asshole when she heard a knock on the door. That brought her out of her deep thoughts.

"Come in" she mumbled, sitting up from her bed, making sure her face didn't hold the deadly glare it had on earlier.

The door was opened and Cosmos came in. He gave his usual bow of submission which made her lose her mind. Must he always compound her problems by making her feel older than she wasn't?