Chapter 16

Amelia looked at the gigantic mirror in front of her. Her mouth dropped in awe. It was almost impossible to recognize her reflection, judging from how beautiful she looked. It was unbelievable.

Being the busy type, she rarely had any time to take good care of herself, but here she was, looking as astonishing as she never thought she could be. It was excellent, and she wondered how Xavier might react if she set his eyes on her.

Smacking her pink lips together, she stared at Stephanie who had a witty grin on her face. Words couldn't explain how grateful she was to Stephanie for making her look and feel good about herself.

"The mirror abstinence worked". Amelia said with a slight smile. Stephanie playfully bowed her head to make a dramatic effect.

"Glad to help milady," she teased and Amelia smiled wholly.

Contract or not, she still felt as happy as any bride would be. It was surprising, but she chose not to pay attention to the cause of her excitement, as a little part of her feared the reason.

Just when Amelia was about to sway her head to the other side, the door of the room where they were, opened. Without being told, Amelia already knew that it had to be Wendy.

"Girl!!!!"  Her chant was heard as the door finally revealed Wendy who was practically screaming her heart out in excitement for Amelia.

"Wendy?" She said amidst deep laughter. Wendy couldn't help but laugh back and so did Stephenie.

Wendy looked gorgeous, dressed in the purple bridal train dress that Amelia personally selected. It turned out to be just as perfect as she had presumed it to be.

"Oh my God Amelia, you look so beautiful"

"All the credit goes to Stephanie"

"Wow, good job Steph," Wendy cheered, looking in Steph's direction. "Where are the other bridesmaids?"

"They would be here soon enough"

Xavier, after finding out Amelia didn't have enough friends, decided to hire more bride's maids. Amelia was okay with it as long as none of them tried to ruin the day for her.

Amelia stared at the mirror once more. The dress she wore clung to her hips, exposing her curves. For some reason, her pale skin looked good for the first time in a long while. The makeup Steph did on her face made her look partially unrecognizable. She honestly couldn't wait to see Xavier's reaction, pretense or not.

The wedding was bound to be a big one. It was going to change her life forever even if it was just for a year. Even if it was faked, she would still be seen as an ex-wife to Xavier Garcia.

********

A smile crept into Amelia's cheeks as she walked down the aisle. The only thing she could keep her eyes on was Xavier. Dressed in a white tuxedo, he looked as handsome as always with his properly groomed hair and his facial hair trimmed good enough to highlight his perfect facial features.

The little smile on his face as he looked in her direction was welcoming, but it was all pretense. She was aware of that.

When she finally reached his side she stood. Also, she didn't fail to keep a smile on her face, but on her part, the smile wasn't forced, instead, it was genuine. She felt too happy at the thought of getting married to someone like Xavier Garcia.

The wedding event on its own was so big, she felt a bit of social anxiety but soon got over it just by the sight of Xavier. The Xavier effect, indeed.