Chapter 14

Xavier
"Perfect choice," Xavier let out as soon as the glass left his lips. A smile appeared on his lips afterward. That gave Lucas a cue that Xavier was actually satisfied. It was absolutely surprising because Xavier was hardly satisfied. He always had a constant craving for perfection.

"The girl?" Lucas asked, trying to confirm if they were both thinking from the same perspective.

"Who else?"

"You know that sounds weird coming from someone like you"

"And what makes you say that?"

"You are Xavier" Lucas said, laying forward, the obvious.

"When I said perfect, I didn't mean for me. I meant perfect for the job. Seems you don't know what I meant when I said that" Xavier stated, but it felt like he was trying to convince himself more than he was trying to convince Lucas.

"But it's good you weren't picky when it came to her. The sooner you get married, the better. I know you can't wait for a divorce. The two of you will finally go separate ways"

When Xavier heard those words, he instantly felt a little tingle in his heart. A feeling he couldn't understand. He was supposed to love the idea of a divorce after everything, but he actually didn't.

"Can't wait for that," Xavier uttered with a casual demeanor, trying to contradict what he felt on the inside

"How do you think Erica would react towards the marriage plan? She is bound to hear about it. You know that right?"

"I don't worry about things like that. She is fully invited if she cares to come. If she hates me, it's partly your fault"

"Are you being serious now?"

"You shouldn't have brought her during the experiment"

"and you didn't chase her. You let her grind you recklessly" he teased and Xavier scoffed

"I thought maybe she could do what the other girl couldn't do"

"Get you dick up? "

Xavier frowned "Leave it" He leaned back on his chair in annoyance

"you just trying to find a way to blame the whole thing on me"

"Pathetic" Xavier scoffed, taking a sip from his glass. "Erica is the last thing on my mind now"

"What if she makes a scene at the wedding? I'm telling you, if she does that, she won't be the last thing on your mind but the first".

"She won't dare"

"She won't, but Martin will,"

Xavier gritted his teeth as the thought of Martin brushed through his mind. Anger flooded him.

"Martin is not so dumb to toil with me"

"After all he has done? Martin will go any length just to make sure he gets you back. You know how crazy he can be when it comes to you"

"Eventually, a way to take care of him will come and with time, he will be in the past"

"That would be good, but things like this are easier said than done"

"My actions speak as loud as my words Lucas"

Silence followed while Xavier sat lost in thoughts.

There were three people on his mind and he couldn't get them out, no matter how hard he tried. Erica, Martin, and surprisingly

Amelia

    **************************

Solace washed through Amelia as she placed the last cloth into her box. It was finally time for them to leave, and she could finally leave the watchful eyes of his parents. They weren't treating her badly in any way, but she still felt uncomfortable around them. It got to her because of the constant guilt she felt after lying to their faces.