Ch 30

Her heartbeat was increased as nervousness set in. She wondered why she felt that way. The silence in the car gave her more room to think, and that was the least she wanted to do.

All of a sudden, everything suddenly looked and felt irritating to her. The scent of the deodorizer produced from the car made her feel nauseous, and the fact the car was moving at an incredibly slow pace made her feel the need to fly out of the window and walk to the goddamn estate.

"Are you okay ma'am?" she heard from the front. She tore her eyes from the window view and looked at Jordan, flashing him a quick smile. A glare was earlier visible in her face, and she had no idea it was that visible to the extent of the driver noticing.

"I'm fine," Amelia said, but it was apparent she didn't mean it. * Fuck it*

"Can you not drive so slowly" she spat out and Jordan's eyes partially widened on realization?

"I'm sorry ma'am, My boss said you get home as safe as possible, and I want to make sure of that"

"My name is Amelia," she said, trying her possible best not to sound rude.

"I know that, ma'am"

*Well the idea of you knowing is for you to address me with my name rather than an aged woman* her inner self screamed, but instead she smiled, making sure it was as faked as he could see.

"I assure you, ma'am, we will be at your destination before you know it" he assured her.

*How was that going to be possible when the car kept moving at 1 mile per hour,* she asked Inwardly, rolling her eyes.

The buzz from her phone diverted her from her invasive thoughts and brought her back to reality. Looking at the phone screen, her heartbeat increased.
It was Xavier and the unsettling feeling that was in her heart, doubled. The reason was clear; Xavier's effect.

Answer or not? the question kept going to and fro in her head and confusion welled up in her. Listening to the former, she answered it and placed it on her ears.

"My God, Amelia where are you?" she heard from the other end. It was obvious he absolutely was worried about her. A word couldn't be said by her, and when a whimper escaped from her lips, she realized she had been crying. Her hands were already shaky, and her lips were placed together, trembling for reasons not best known to her.

"Amelia, are you there?' he asked again, and she abruptly ended the call. She couldn't say a word, so there was no need to keep him on the line.

She sniffed, and the tears just kept falling for no reason, but she just couldn't help it. It was certain, she was going to face him, so there was no hiding from him.

Taking deep breaths, she got to the door, stretched her hands toward the doorknob, and stood still
Jordan had dropped her off not quite long ago and she had been combatting with her inner self, about going into the house. The whole place was silent, no one was found, the guards weren't there, including cosmos. * Did they all go in search of her?* She thought inwardly

Amelia still contemplated whether to open the door and anxiety streamed through her. After pondering and overthinking, she finally twisted the doorknob and got in.

Everything still looked the same. It was absurd to think that way judging from the fact that she left the house, not up to a day ago. Xavier was not in the sitting room and she thanked Heavens for that. At least, she would have a minute or more to prepare herself for possible discomfort.

"Xavier" her voice echoed through the house, but not a response was heard.

She called out his name again, but there wasn't a response, and then she concluded that he wasn't at home. She drifted to the next option and that was to call him