Ch 47

No matter how much Amelia tried to ignore it, she couldn't stop the regret she felt. Before Shaun could wake up, she had already gone.

She fought the urge to cry as she held the steering wheel, driving recklessly. Although Xavier made it clear that he didn't love her, she was certain he would be worried about her.

Her heartbeat accelerated when she got to the estate. She didn't know how to face him. The marriage was all fake, but she still felt guilty for cheating on him.

Xavier was just outside the house, talking to two of his guards. He turned when he heard the sound of a car. He had a tense look ok his face, but when he saw her step down from the car, he felt solace immediately.

Her eyes held guilt as she walked towards him unable to say a word. While she headed towards him, it occurred to her that she did absolutely nothing.

She wasn't supposed to feel guilty for what she did. Confidence took over the look on her face as she walked towards him with her shoulder squared.

Xavier was too stunned to speak. He had never seen her dressed like that before. It made him wonder where she had been

"Where have you been Amelia?"

"I was surprised you didn't declare me missing like you did the last time"

"That doesn't understand my question"

"You have no right to worry about where I am" she gritter

"The contract states...."

"Fuck the contract! Xavier. I don't care about it. If I get kidnapped, I have enough money to bail myself out"

He stayed quiet for a while. It was obvious he was trying his best not to get angry at her.

"Well if you must know, I went to a club to have fun" she tried to walk past him, but Xavier grabbed her arm. He dragged her in, but she didn't fight him, instead she let him take her.

When they got inside, he let go of her hand. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to a club? It's dangerous to be out there unprotected"

" I have been out there all my life. No one cared about my safety. Who are you to care?"

"I am husband Amelia"

"Fake!" she shot at him. "Don't you fucking get it! We can be something when we are outside, but inside we are nothing"

Something flashed in his eyes. Amelia was certain he was hurt, but it was for a brief while. "Do you know how worried I was about you?"

"Why should you be?"

"Your phone was switched off and I couldn't reach you"

"I did that on purpose"

"Was that done to punish me perhaps?"

"If you didn't care about me, you won't be affected"

"Of course, I care about you Amelia" The moment he said those words, all the anger left her, but she continued to fake it.

"I don't think so. You made it clear you didn't love me, so I left to find love, and guess what I found? A decent man. He was pretty good in bed too" she spat out.

Xavier found it difficult to speak. He parted his lips to speak, but no words could come out. It was obvious he was devastated and Amelia immediately started regretting telling him that. Anger had the best of her.

"You had sex with another man?" this time his voice was soft, filled with hurt. It surprised Amelia because he made it clear that he had no feelings for her.