Ch 33

The message stayed there and when she finally tapped on it to view the content, her heart abruptly stopped.

"IT IS A MISTAKE TO BELIEVE HORROR IS ASSOCIATED INEXTRICABLY WITH DARKNESS, l PREFER THE KIND THAT COMES WITH SILENCE AND SOLITUDE"

Amelia forgot how to breath for a second as she occasionally kept looking around to see if someone was there with her, but there was nobody.

There was only one person capable of doing something like that and she feared the worse. Different thoughts kept going to and fro in her head, but one was greater, fear.

Her lips trembled, her hands were shaky, her mind was not at rest and worst of it, Xavier wasn't home and that was what made her more scared. No matter hard she tried to convince herself otherwise, the truth remained the same, she genuinely felt safer in Xavier's hand.

Her phone beeped again and she jolted, almost tossing the phone in the process. It was yet another message and the thought of what it might contain made a huge lump to secure it's place in her throat and tears welled up in her eyes

She tried to peek from where she was over to the phone, but couldn't. At that point, her paranoid self, thought he was going to emerge from the phone and take her with her and that's why she prevented any contact.

You couldn't blame her for being scared. Her past made her like this and she couldn't change how she saw things anymore. No matter how much she tried to be happy, the feeling of fear that had remained in her for the past 5 years, always found a way of lingering in her thoughts.

Amelia stretched her shaky hand towards the phone. Maybe she was just overreacting. It could be Xavier, peter, Daphne or probably her dead mother.

She held the phone with both her hands and a bead of sweat dropped from her head to the phone. The excess sweat was undeniable as a result of fear, judging from the fact that where she sat was properly ventilated

The phone was quite slippery and she couldn't get a firm grip on it as a result of how sweaty her palm was, but she was finally able to steady herself, she opened her messages. It was from the same number!

Amelia sat up, swallowing hard, concurrently turning around to make sure there was no one lurking behind her. When she was finally slightly ready to know what the message read she tapped on it

"You didn't think it would take me so long for me to find you, sparkles" the message read.

Now it was confirmed that it was really who she thought it was. No one ever called her sparkles other than him. Was she surprise that her found her, no. Was she terrified? yes.

Hardin was crazy and he could walk into this place just to see her and the thought made her shriek in fear. Should she call Xavier? That was the first though that came to her mind, but she thought against it. That would be too awkward.

         *******

Xavier narrowed his eyes as he tried to process the fast-paced moving cars. He held on to the steering firmly and nervously. It was really hard to keep up and everything seemed to happen so fast

Driving wasn't a skill, it was more of an inbuilt impulse that almost everybody in California knew how to do. But Xavier saw driving as a skill, a heavy task that he had considerable problems with.

It had something to do with his trauma and it was hard to get over it. That was why he always made sure he was driven by someone. Cosmos

His heartbeat was increased and the justification was clear. Driving brought out the fear he had been hiding for the past view years. He would have waited for Cosmos, but he couldn't.