Ch 35

Did she hate the idea, hell yes? Did she have a choice, no?

Amelia sat at the back with her arms folded and a glare on her face. Cosmos sat at the back and the bodyguard who she had never seen before, sat at the front, and the silence in the car was daring.

All thanks to Xavier who wouldn't let her go out on her own as though she was still a youngster who was still under the tight shell of their parents.

One thing was sure, even if he compelled her to go with them, she knew within her that she wasn't going to return with them. It was ridiculous and she was going to show Xavier that he couldn't boss her around any chance he got. Her naughty self chuckled slyly at the thought and her daring self saluted it.

The drive didn't take as long and they finally halted at Peter's house after of course giving them the needed directions it took to get to his house.

Cosmos halted the car and Amelia rushed out as soon as the car took a break. She didn't want any scrutiny and part of it was having the guard or Cosmos open the door for her.

They both of them on realizing she was out, came out and Amelia frowned abruptly as she stared at them walk towards her.

"I can go on from here" she notified, but the look on their face didn't change. Especially the guard, a blonde, slightly masculine man who had such determination in his grey eyes.

Her face looked too stern and it made Amelia wonder if he looks were concerned with the job or he just had a moody personality.

"Sir Xavier, stated that we follow you everywhere you go" he stated politely and Amelia gritted her as she tried her best to keep cool. She looked at Cosmos stylishly, giving him a gloomy look to signal she wasn't okay with the arrangements, but he just shrugged. He clearly couldn't do anything

"Do you really want to follow me in there?"

"That's sir Xavier orders"

"I and my friend would be having a lingerie party in there. Do you think sir Xavier would appreciate the idea of his guard watching his wife in a lingerie?" she said, blinking her lids rapidly, trying to inform the guard that she meant no harm, And just as she expected, embarrassment took over the guard's expression as he looked down slightly and Amelia knew she had done a good job.

"You could wait in the car, when I'm done, I will come back here, okay?" She smiled sharply, tapping the guard on his shoulder before turning around swiftly and making her way to Peter's front door.

She didn't need to turn around to confirm, it was already certain that she painted a horrifying image in his head and one thing was sure, he seriously had a very great level of respect and fear for his boss

She rang the doorbell, concurrently biting her lips as she felt a little bit anxious. Peter had been different to her during his last visit and she didn't know how he would react when he saw her. Probably whatever he was so cranky about would have been resolved.

The door was opened not too long after she rang the doorbell and it felt as though he had been standing behind it the whole time.

His blonde hair looked sort of messy and she could see some noticeable stubbles on his face. He grew more masculine and that was a huge change, judging from her perspective

His eyes partly widened out of amusement as he saw her and Amelia knew what his reaction was based on. She had not given him a heads up before coming.

"Hey" she cheered, grinning and raising her hand slightly to signify a "hello".

"Amelia" he called out and she batted her eyelids waiting for him to say what he wanted to say. Wendy was right, Peter had changed. Typical peter in his nature would be so happy to see and most definitely let her in rather than have her standing with the both of them looking at each other so awkwardly.