Chapter 18

"Has anyone ever told you how much of an asshole you can be?"

" Well, you never fail to remind me"

"I'm glad you accepted it" she rolled her eyes at him while standing in front of him. It was quite dark, but she could still make out his facial features, and so could he.

"You sent for me, sir Xavier"

"Yes, I recall Miss Wilson"

"Well"

"Don't be in a rush. You don't seem like the busy type anyway" she scoffed at his reply.

"Excuse you. I was busy"

"Of course"

"What do you want Xavier?"

"Let's go in" he stated, walking past her as he made his way towards the house. Amelia was left too stunned to speak

He was the one who demanded they meet outside, and now she was finally here, he wanted them to go back in. His absurdness was just so unbelievable. He should have walked inside the house, and they could have had the conversation he wanted to have, but the fact that he had to send for her and still make her go in again made her want to stuff beach sand in his mouth.

Xavier turned around when he realized Amelia wasn't trailing along. He gave her a puzzled look while her glare hardened. His effect kicked in and with time, she found herself trailing behind him, but the glare on her face didn't go away. She wanted him to know how angry she was about his ealier act. Deep down she didn't have any problem with his attitude, it was perfect, judging from the fact she had always ached to mend one of those rich men who had a revolting attitude. He was the right person to experiment her anger on

Xavier twisted the doorknob and they both walked in. He made his way to the first couch he could find and sat on it. Amelia was about to sit on the chair opposite him when Xavier stopped her, and she stared at him in confusion.

"Seat here," he said, tapping the little space left on his couch. *What was he trying to do?* she asked Inwardly as she stared at him blankly.

"Why?"

"Because I said so," he ordered, staring at Amelia intently. It was almost as if he was daring her to oppose. "Plus, I want you to pay full attention to what I have to say " he stated, but that didn't change Amelia's mind. She wanted to seat opposite him not beside him and that was what she would do.

"I listen with my ears, dummy"

"Are you trying to be stubborn now?"

"Maybe?" she shrugged, making herself comfortable on the couch she intended to sit on. With the look on his face, she knew she had succeeded in hurting his ego.

"Anyways" he sighed and Amelia scoffed. "I would be reading out the contract terms and conditions"

"I have already gone through that"

"I know. I want to make sure we clear each other on the terms"

"Or do you just want to remind me how much of a control freak you will throughout the marriage?"

"Something like that" he nodded with a smirk and Amelia scoffed as she leaned back in her seat.

"Well," he reached out to the papers that stayed by his side all this while and turned to the first page. Amelia wished he could listen and just let her be. The contract term and conditions were so ridiculous, and his reading it out loud will remind her of how stupid she was for accepting it

"One, Party A isn't allowed to go outdoors from the assigned time; 4 pm There would be a strict curfew at the time stated above" he read out loud and a scoff escaped from her lips. He turned to look at her annoyingly, tilting his head and gaping at her intently. "Don't do that"