Ch 50

Amelia hadn't said a word as they ate breakfast and that was so unlike her. She wasn't the type to remain quiet, especially during breakfast. Amelia in her nature wouldn't let him hear the end of it about how her day went.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked, dropping her spoon on her plate.

"You are not talking"

"You want me to talk while eating?"

"Not really," he shrugged. "It's just unlike you to care about manners"

"Well," she hit her fork on her plate continuously. "I just feel bored lately. I'm tired of going to only Wendy's place"

"You don't have any other friends?"

"Peter," she said and watched the way his face changed. It was obvious he didn't have any form of likeness for Peter. Probably because she kissed him or it was something else entirely."I don't have any other friends"

"How did you meet both of them?"

"At the orphanage"

There was silence for a while before Xavier finally spoke. "Tell me about yourself"

Amelia was taken aback by that statement. This was the first time Xavier wanted to know something about her. There were a lot of things he didn't know about her and she had always ached to tell him about them.

"After my mum's death, I was taken to the orphanage and I stayed there till I was 18, then I ran away" she blurted out and Xavier chuckled.

"What?" she also laughed.

"That just sounds like something Amelia would do"

"What makes you say that?"

"You don't like being restricted"

"You really know me," she said with a smile. "Well, I had always hated that place, and when I was finally an adult, I made a run for it. Since I didn't go to college, I didn't have a suitable job, so I stayed on the street. I worked so hard to feed myself and also to have a better place to sleep. It was tough. I hated the cold...." Tears welled up in her eyes, but she bent her head to prevent Xavier from seeing them. She didn't want him to know how vulnerable she was.

"I hated the cold so much, but I managed. Then I got a job at a restaurant where the pay was quite good. I got an apartment that was barely worth anything. I think the owner just decided to do a young girl a favor. I was so happy about the job, but the owner of the restaurant was so unbearable. She fired me because of your brother. That's why I even considered your offer. Maybe if she hadn't fired me, I would still be there washing dishes and serving meals"

"Well I'm glad she fired you"

"Is that your way of saying you are glad I came into your life?" She teased

"Maybe" he smiled at her playfully and she blushed.

"Anyway, that's it for me. I want to know more about you"

"What do you want to know about me?" He asked and she was quite stunned that he was willing to tell her something about himself.

He had always been the secretive one. He even stated in the contract that they weren't supposed to know anything about their personal matters, but here they were, breaking the contract terms.

"Tell me everything," she said to him in anticipation.

"You have to be specific"

"Ok," she thought for a while before speaking. "Who was your first boyfriend?"

He was taken aback by the question, and also a little bit embarrassed. It was obvious he didn't want to discuss his gay life with her, but he knew Amelia wasn't going to back down until she satisfied her curiosity.