Ch 29

"Cancer" he announced and her eyes in shock

"Oh my God". She exclaimed as her eyes widened in shock

"You don't need to react that way. I have gotten enough already"

"How long?"

"For the past 1 year now"

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that" the main reason she felt bad was that she acted so rude to him at first and poured out her anger on him, not knowing he had to go through a lot.

"You don't need to be," he said and silence followed afterward.

The car ride tarried for a while and after some time it came to a halt at a white duplex. It wasn't so big, but it sure looked luxurious. Truthfully, this house was the kind she preferred.

It was an average-sized house and very convenient for her unlike the numerous mansion, Xavier had quelled her to leave in. The door was opened by her and she alighted the car, looking around and inhaling the cool fresh natural air that wavered in the place.

"It's not much, but it sure is something," he said flashing her a smile and she couldn't help but fall for his smile. It was warm. It was quite surprising how he still had the brightest smile even though life placed him in the darkest situation.

"It's lovely" she watched him walk towards the front door and she trialed from behind. He opened the door and they both walked through it.

It was lovely and typically cozy, eliciting warmth. The house was plain white, ranging from curtains down to the tiles.

"Take a seat, let me get you something," he said and left for the kitchen. The moment he left, guilt surged through her as the thought of Xavier engulfed her. It was way past her curfew time and she knew well enough that even though Xavier tried to act all angry and all, he would still feel troubled at the thought of her not coming back and that was her plan, she wasn't going home tonight. Her stay here was to teach Xavier a lesson.

Speaking of the devil, her phone began to ring. Xavier was the one calling. It only made her angrier as she angrily switched off the phone.

Nathan came back sooner and handed her a hot cup of tea. It was just what she needed to relief herself and it sure was perfect for the weather.

"Perfect," she commented, flashing him a smile and he did too.

"I'm glad you like it"

"How long will you be staying here?" Amelia asked as soon as the ceramic cup left her lips.

"A month"

"Oh, you seem like you love California a lot"

"Yeah I do, unlike you"

"You can't blame me, can you?" She playfully rolled her eyes at him and he chuckled at her gesture

After the tea, Nathan walked in front while Amelia trailed from behind. They made their way through the stairs and after passing numerous doors, he stopped at one, opening it up and they both went in.

The room had a warm Atmosphere to it. The blue aesthetic used on the room made it more enticing and welcoming. The place looked quite tidy, which signified that someone had earlier slept and that couldn't be him. The room couldn't be for Nathan as it appeared too feminine for him.

"You can spend the night here," he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Thanks a lot, done worry I will be out of your neck by tomorrow," she said and a scoff made its way out of Nathan's mouth.

"Nonsense, you can stay as long as you want" he stated which made Amelia smile at his kindness.

"Anyways good night, have a great rest," he said, turning to leave.