Ch 42

Nathan

Nathan stopped mid-sentence as he held his head for a while. Jordan observed him and was about going to help out, but Nathan stopped him. The sharp ache that held him in that position had already left and he didn't want his staff worried about him.

"Make sure all the goods are delivered and have a word with... With Marcus" he stopped and held his head once more.. "tell him... tell him that... I" he stopped as the pain in his head was already excruciating. "Whichever way it is make sure..." He broke off.

This time he didn't hold his head in pain. He fell to the floor and hit himself hard against it before Jordan could even get to where he was.

When Jordan rushed to his side and was sure he was unconscious. He brought the phone to his ear and let it ring for a while. He kept stealing glances at Nathan to make sure, he was indeed not moving.

The phone was answered.

"Jordan," the voice called out.

"It is done," he smirked and immediately ended his call. He made sure he deleted the call log and he exited the sitting room with a complacent smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martin smiled in satisfaction to the news as he brought the phone down from his ear. He snickered and placed his hand on the tip of his glass cup.

"That's you saying, job well-done right?" Hardin asked and Martin smiled.

"As it should" he took a sip from his glass.

"You know there wasn't any need to kill him. He was already over Xavier and he was going to die anyway"

"Not now though. Dr. Patrick said he had 3 more years approximately"

"You threatened him too?"

"that's the only way things get easy for me"

"Surely," he said.

"won't Jordan be implicated for it? Like, get in trouble?"

"That's his problem. Anyways I made sure he injected the poison in his tongue after administering the sleeping pill to his tea. That way the police won't find any poison in his system. Well that was if he did a good job and did it exactly how I told him to do it"

"Still I don't see any need in killing him"

"So you are the one being considerate now? You have always been the ruthless one"

"Still, Nathan had already broken up with Xavier long ago and I didn't see them ever coming back together"

"I never like that Nathan. Always found a way to fucking piss me off"

"The fact Xavier dated you once doesn't mean he belongs to you,"

Hardin said and Martin glared at him. He stayed silent for a while and finally took a sip from his glass . That gave Hardin a cue to keep shut his mouth before Martin got angry.

He knew well enough how Martin could be when triggered, especially when it involved Xavier. He was very protective and hated it when he was told he could not get Xavier. It was the painful truth he was not ready to accept.

*****

"Come to my house" The message read. It was from Wendy. Amelia groaned in frustration. It was so unlike Wendy to text her to come to our house instead she should have just called. She found it weird but didn't resent the idea.

Amelia has been on her bed all day, ever since she came back from Xavier's room. She abruptly stood up and yawned tiredly. Her initial plan was to lay in bed all through and just keep remembering how last night went but thanks to Wendy, now she had to up from bed.