Chapter 2: New York City

It has been a long journey for Alex while being in the crate as the crate is still floating in the ocean as he was found a long way in New York City. It was reported in the newspaper and was now put a tall Rockland in the zoo. He looked around to see people and then picture on the rock to see a sculpture picture of an adult lion doing a pose. He decided to mimic it, and it amazed people. They cheered and clapped for it. Alex smiles and starts dancing with more cheering and clapping from the audience. Three animals from the zoo, a zebra, a hippo, and a giraffe who are wearing a cone. It was Marty, Gloria, and Melman. They were all looking at Alex's dancing.

"I don't like the looks of this guy." Marty said.

"Well, I think he's kind of cute." Gloria said.

"He's kind of a showoff." Marty said.

"You think he's cute?" Melman asked and coughs while being worried.

A few minutes later, there was a female lion cub, a little bunny, and a small hedgehog, which it was Mariah, Katie, and Brandon. They were all dancing until they saw Alex while he was dancing from a few feet away.

"Who is he?" Brandon asked.

"I don't know. I've never seen him before." Katie replied.

"Well, he is really cute." Mariah said as she blushed and twirled a strand of her hair.

"Looks like you got a boyfriend." Katie said as her and Mariah giggled together.

"At least, he is really good at dancing like us." Brandon said.

Alex dances even with more energy. He jumps high as he spins around with a land with a perfect finished. He was now grown up. His mane is now full growth and tall and mighty. He posed and shouted his signature roar to the people. He is not a little cub anymore. Instead, he is Alex the Lion.

The crowd cheered so loud as balloons flew away and people holding up a big foam fingers to support Alex.

"The King of New York City...Alex the Lion!" The speaker shouted.

Alex bows down as the animals are now grown up. Mariah, Katie, and Brandon are with them since they are at break for their performance. Marty holds up a foam finger, cheering for his friend.

"Woo-hoo! I still think he's kind of a showoff." Marty said.

"You gotta give it to him. The guy's an animal." Melman said.

"He's doing really good so far to his people." Mariah said.

"Maybe he should take a break. You know, we could all use a vacation." Marty said.

"What makes you think about going to a vacation?" Katie asked.

"Come on, where would we go on vacation?" Gloria asked.

"Like where do you think we should go?" Brandon asked.

"I don't know about you, but I want to go to Connecticut!" Marty said.

On the television, there was a big news shown about the gang on screen.

"On the loose, several animals, including the world famous Alex the Lion, escaped from the Central Park Zoo tonight." The female news reporter said.

The scenes shown on television were them in a train station.

"The escapees were cornered in Grand Central Station." The female news reporter said.

An old woman who kicked Alex in the crouch was put on screen for an interview.

"He was a very bad kitty." The old woman said.

The channel changes to another news channel that it shows what happened to them.

"Animal rights activists, who convinced zoo officials to have the animals sent to Africa, were stunned to learn that the freighter carrying the animals was reported missing today." The female news reporter said.

The channel was switched again to people putting roses and holding candles in the zoo to remember Alex and the others.

"Tonight, hundreds of New Yorkers have gathered at the zoo to mourn the loss of their beloved zoo animals. The question on everyone's mind, where are they now?" The male news reporter said.

The screen turned off. Where would lead for the gang now?