Chapter 28: The Big News

The next morning, Alex and Mariah are still sleeping on their honeymoon bedroom. Mariah wakes up and slowly gets out of bed to change into her pajamas, without waking Alex until she stops because she feels strange and quickly gets up for morning sickness. Alex wakes up from hearing Mariah throwing up to the ground, Alex gets out of bed and walks to Mariah.

"Morning, honey." Alex said.

"Good morning." Mariah said.

Alex walks behind to pat Mariah at the back.

"Are you feeling alright?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. Just a little morning sickness." Mariah said.

"Okay. After our honeymoon is over, we are gonna see Melman. Since he's a doctor, maybe he'll help you for a check-up." Alex explained.

"Thanks, I'll be fine." Mariah said.

After a couple of weeks of their honeymoon, Alex and Mariah visit their friends again.

"Hey, guys. How was your honeymoon?" Marty asked Alex and Mariah.

"Good, until Mariah got sick." Alex said.

"I have been throwing up throughout the week. I don't know what's wrong with me." Mariah said.

"I'll help you. We'll get to it tomorrow." Melman said.

The next day, Mariah gets to Melman for a doctor's appointment while Alex waits for her. Melman looks over for a check-up until he knows the answer.

"So, what is it?" Mariah asked.

"I need you to go to the bathroom... to use this." Melman said.

Melman hands Mariah the pregnancy test, and she goes to take a leak. Mariah went out and showed Melman the results. It's turns out to be 'Positive' (+).'

"Congrats, you are pregnant." Melman said.

"I'm still worried. How am I gonna tell Alex about this?" Mariah asked.

"Don't worry. I'm sure that he'll be happy about this." Melman said.

"Thanks, Melman." Mariah said.

Mariah goes out to find Alex to show him the news.

"Hey, honey. How did it go?" Alex asked.

"Good. But I have something to show you." Mariah said.

"What is it?" Alex said.

Mariah didn't say anything. Instead, she gives Alex the pregnancy test to show him the results. Alex was surprised but happy about it.

"Are you serious? Are you really pregnant?" Alex asked.

"Yes." Mariah answered.

Alex hugs Mariah and gives her a kiss.

"I'm so happy. I'm gonna be a dad." Alex said.

"Should we tell the others about this?" Mariah asked.

"Yes, later." Alex said.

Later on the day, Alex and Mariah invite the gang, the penguins, the chimpanzees, King Julian, Maurice, Mort, the African animals, even Zuba and Florrie for the big news.

"Hey, guys. Everything okay?" Gloria asked.

"How was your honeymoon?" Stefano asked.

"It was okay. We have some big news to your guys." Alex said.

Alex looked at Mariah and nodded to her to let her say the news.

"We are having a baby." Mariah said.

The others got shocked and then cheered for Alex and Mariah as parents, Zuba and Florrie went up to hug them.

"I can't believe that we are going to be grandparents." Zuba said.

"I'm so happy for you two." Florrie said.

"We could also need a nanny." Mariah said.

Katie walks up to Alex and Mariah.

"I would like to be a nanny." Katie said.

"Alex, do you think that Katie is okay for the baby?" Mariah asked.

"Of course. I'm sure Katie will do great with children." Alex said.

"You're hired for the job, Katie. Be sure to take good care of the baby." Mariah said.

"I will, and I promised. Thanks." Katie said.

For the past few days, Alex and Mariah had a baby shower from their friends. The others gave them a lot of presents for the baby that are a lot of toys and clothes. The guys even worked on a carriage for the baby to see with Alex and Mariah in their bedroom in the meantime.