Chapter 4: While On The Plane

The gang were all now on the way back home. The ride has become soothing for hours. They were now passing through a thunderstorm as they could hear a huge noise smashing. Alex wakes up from his sleep from the sound and looks through his window to see something scary. Something that was hanging on the engine.

"Ahh! Gremlin!" Alex shouted.

The clouds became clear, and it was only Mort who was hanging on the engine. He waves at Alex. He sighed in relief and waved back to Mort.

"Hey, Mort." Alex said.

"Hi!" Mort said.

Mort let go of the engine and pushed away out of Alex's sight as he screamed. Alex looked if Mort was alright but creeped him. He closes the curtains.

"That was weird." Alex whispered.

"Somebody's dreaming." Marty said.

"What's wrong, Alex?" Mariah asked.

"I think I saw Mort on the plane wing." Alex said.

"You got Madagascar on the brain." Melman said.

"I'm really sure that we gonna miss it." Katie said.

"It was incredible." Brandon said.

"I think it'll seem more fun the further we are from it." Alex said.

"Like when you bit me on the butt?" Marty asked.

Mariah giggles about it.

"We all know that it was an accident." Mariah said.

"I'm gonna take that thing you're holding onto and use it onstage. It's all part of my little actor's salad bar of emotional tidbits." Alex explained.

"Are the butts next to the croutons at the salad bar?" Marty asked.

The others laughed.

"Trying to be funny, huh?" Mariah asked, and Marty nodded.'Yes.'

"You don't need to be sarcastic." Alex said.

"Hey, guys. I was thinking. When we get back, I might sign up for the breeding program." Gloria said.

"Breeding program?" Melman asked.

"What's breeding program?" Katie asked.

"We reach a point when we want to meet somebody. Settle down, and have a relationship." Gloria explained.

While Gloria was talking about relationships, it makes Alex and Mariah looked to each other and blushed without the others know.

"I can see that." Marty said to Gloria.

"Katie, maybe you and Brandon will do the same since you two haven't got a lover lately." Mariah said.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Katie said as she agreed.

"I might try my best." Brandon said.

"What? Like dating?" Melman asked.

"Yeah, dating." Gloria replied.

"Other... other guys?" Melman asked.

"What do you mean, other guys?" Gloria asked.

The others looked at Melman. Melman notices his face that he is getting and tries to play it off.

"Darn it! I'm gonna...what is holding up that beverage service?! I'm gonna go check." Melman said and went to the front.

"You all keep talking. I'm gonna catch a few winks." Gloria said as she yawned and put on a sleeping mask.

"Me too." Brandon said, and he also fell asleep, too.

Marty looked at Mariah and Alex and noticed that both of them were blushing.

"I know what's up with you two." Marty said as he teased.

Alex and Mariah looked at Marty.

"What are you talking about?" Alex asked.

"Since we were talking about relationships earlier, you guys were having one together now." Marty said, teasing.

"Yeah, but we've been dating in a short time." Alex said.

"Are you saying that me and I should start... a family together?" Mariah asked as she got closer to Marty.

Marty nodded 'yes', and both Alex and Mariah looked to each other, smiling and holding hands. Meanwhile, inn the front, King Julien and Maurice were watching a funny show on television that it was showing plane crashes.

"It's so funny! I like laughing! It's such a nice experience!" King Julien shouted.

Melman sticks his head in the room and is amazed by the view.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Do you mind going back? This is first class. It's nothing personal. We're just better than you. Maurice, I'm open! Hit me!" King Julien shouted.

King Julien gives Maurice a piece of shrimp and hangs it on the chandelier. Maurice tossed it to Julian.

"He shoots, he scores!" Maurice shouted happily.

"Is that Vivaldi?" Melman asked.

"Hey, In-flight slave." King Julien said.

Private stands by with stacks of cups on his head and a bottle in one flipped.

"Can I help you, Mr. Mankiewicz?" Private asked.

"Bring my nuts on a silver platter." King Julien said.

"We were checking on the drink we ordered." Melman said.

"Sorry. I've been a little backed up." Private said.

"I guess I'll go back..." Melman said.

"Hey, what happened to your body? You're freaking me out! Can you please go over there, please? Thank you." King Julien said as he interrupted Melman.

King Julien looks away and sits down, depressed.

"What happened to the separation of the classes?" King Julien asked.

"I'm sure this democracy thing is just a fad." Maurice said as he served King Julien with a piece of shrimp.