Chapter 7: Alex's Parents

Marty, Mariah, Katie, Brandon, Gloria, and Melman run to Alex, who gets up as Mariah helped him.

"Are you alright?" Mariah asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Alex answered.

Alex looks down to find a purse from the old day and goes through it. Melman looks up to see something as he walks slowly to there.

"Are you out of your mind? We need help, and you're harassing old ladies?!" Gloria asked.

"Out of my mind? Aha! Who's out of my mind now?" Alex asked as he dialed a number on the phone.

"See if you can get an operator." Katie said.

"No problem. Out of my mind. We're going home." Alex said.

Mariah walks with the others, except Alex, who was waiting for the call while it was ringing. Alex then realized and followed along. All they could see a beautiful view. Alex decided to close the phone and stared in awe like the others.

"Am I trippin'?" Gloria asked.

"I don't think so." Katie said.

"All those zebras... like me." Marty said.

"Wait. Where are we anyway?" Mariah asked.

"San Diego. This time, I'm 40 percent sure." Melman said.

"It doesn't look like it." Katie said.

"I know this place." Alex said.

"I think it's Africa." Marty said.

"Africa?" Melman asked.

"Are you sure that we are in Africa?" Mariah asked.

"It's got to be. Our ancestral crib. It's in our blood. I can feel it!" Marty said.

"No, it's more than that. It's like...I've been here before." Alex said.

"It's like Roots!" Marty said.

"No, it's like...I've been here before." Alex said.

"You already said that." Brandon said.

"I guess we can go over there and ask for help." Mariah said.

The gang walked to the animals.

"How!" Alex said to start speaking.

The animals all put their attention to the gang.

"How!" Alex said.

They all still stared at them.

"Me, Alex! Me and me friends fly, fly in great metal bird." Alex said as he moved around.

"Then plummet!" Alex said and whistled of how the plane crashed.

"Smash ground," Alex said as he lay down of the ground.

Alex gets back up to tell more.

"Go boom! Then here we emerge. We offer only happiness and good greetings." Alex said as he still moved around.

"Is he dancing about a plane crash?" One of the female hippos asked.

"Yeah. We just... yeah. I thought... Sorry." Alex said.

"What he was saying is that we all need help." Mariah said.

"You mean you came from off the reserve?" One of the male giraffes asked.

"Yeah, way off. From the Central Park Zoo, actually." Alex said.

The animals were shocked and mumbling, and the gang was confused. Suddenly, Zuba come through the animals and roars to get their attention, including the gang. Mariah got scared a little bit and hid behind Alex, and Alex put his arm around her waist for protection.