Chapter 26: The Surprise

There was a wedding ceremony of Skipper and his bobblehead hula girl. The gang were also there with the two monkeys and Alex's parents too.

"Love transcends all differences. We are gathered here today to celebrate such a love. Do you take each other for better or for worse?" Zuba asked.

One of the monkeys moves the bobblehead's head to move for 'yes' to answer.

"For better, please." Skipper answered.

The gang cheered and throws flower petals over them.

"What a beautiful, weird couple!" Alex said.

"That's not going to last." Brandon said.

The penguins give high fives to each other.

"Can I kiss the bride, Skipper?" Private asked.

Skipper slaps Private in the face.

"No! Music!" Skipper shouted.

Private puts the tape in the radio to tune on the music.

"Struts." Skipper said.

"Check." Kowalski said.

"Flaps!" Skipper said.

"Check." Kowalski said.

"Diamonds and gold." Skipper said.

"Check." Kowalski said.

The plane started the engines.

"Bye-bye!" Florrie shouted.

"We'll miss you!" Zuba shouted.

"See you later!" Florrie shouted.

"We'll be back after the honeymoon in Monte Carlo or whenever the gold runs out." Skipper said in the microphone, and the plane leaves.

The gang also waves goodbye, too.

"Come back soon!" Florrie shouted.

"Mom, let them take their time. New York isn't going anywhere, right, guys?" Alex asked the others.

"I'm sure we can have some time here in Africa." Mariah said.

"And get along more often." Katie said.

"You're right about that!" Marty shouted.

"Well, as long as I'm with her...and you guys, I don't care where we are. She has the most amazing laugh." Melman said as Gloria laughs so funny and snorting.

Alex, Mariah, Marty, Katie, and Brandon smiled worriedly. Alex and Mariah looked at each other and blushed.

"Love has no boundaries!" Brandon shouted happily.

"Well, it looks like you're stuck with us for a while." Alex said to Zuba.

Zuba makes an angry face at Alex.

"Dad? What's wrong? I just thought we could hang out a bit and..." Alex said worriedly.

Zuba did Alex's thing to move his paw up and down while making faces. He laughs afterward.

"You got me!" Alex said.

"I got you, son!" Zuba said.

"You got me with my thing. You brought it back around on me." Alex said.

Zuba sings and songs as he moves around, pointing the Africa birthmark on his paw and high fives Alex with it.

"I got you, son!" Zuba said.

They all walk off together. Mariah runs next to Alex to talk to him while they were still continue walking.

"Hey. It was fun to have an adventure for both of us." Mariah said as she smiled.

"You know, I always thought that about the time in my life. But, I guess I found someone with me." Alex said and smiled.

Alex was finally give a special surprise to Mariah. He went down on one knee and brought out a diamond ring that the penguins and chimpanzees made for him, it make Mariah gasps in surprised as the others were watching the scene.

"Mariah, I love you with all of my heart. And I have something to ask you. Will you marry me?" Alex asked.

Mariah covers her mouth with her paws and started to cry and sniffles.

"Yes." Mariah answered.

Alex puts the ring on Mariah's finger. Mariah smiles and gives Alex a kiss on his cheek, Alex blushes and kisses Mariah on the lips instead as he wraps his arms around her waist, and Mariah holds his head with her hands. The others clapped as Alex's parents went up to Alex and Mariah.

"Welcome to the family, Mariah." Zuba said.

Mariah smiles and gives Zuba and Florrie a hug. Then, they all dance by moving their hips side to side, and the others do so too. King Julien and Maurice were behind them while riding flamingoes as they danced, too.

"Hey! Shake the hot things! Shake the hot things!" King Julien shouted, and they others said 'woo' afterward.

"Shake 'em! Shake 'em! Shake 'em!" King Julien shouted happily.