Chapter 18

Bea's POV

My V.I.P pass dangled around my neck as I walk into Austins prep room.

The room looked more like a living room than a rehearsal room.

Couches and bean bags sat in front of me as a HD TV was playing spongebob.

"Bea !" I hear a males voice scream as I turned to where it's coming from.

Robert stood up from the couch and made his way around the couch and to me.

His embrace made me feel somewhat joyful. Zach followed after that.

"Are you ready for the show?" Zach asked as he told us to sit on the couch.

I placed my satchel right next to me as I glanced at Zach and smiled.

"I'm ready." I uttered while sitting down and watching the episode with them.

Its the episode when its Valentines day and Patrick gets worked up because he didn't get a gift.

After a while I suddenly asked where's Austin.

With a shocked look on his face, Alex said "He's doing sound check ... Why?" he squinted his eyes and beamed.

Giving me a why-do-you-care expression.

I playfully rolled my eyes and mumbled "I just want to know."

For some reason, I have an urge to hear him sing again.
Its been so long since I've heard him sing live.

"You want to hear him?" He asked as I look at all three of them.

Their eyes on me as i gulped and stuttered "S-sure."

•••

"You have to be extra quiet because the technicians are working on ha-"

I blocked Alex out while we got out of the room and started walking towards the white heavy doors.

The humming of a voice filled the white hall as we stopped at the doors.

"Remember ..." Alex stared into my eyes.

"Be quiet. I know." I finished his sentence as his smiled spread from ear to ear.

"Okay." He slowly opened the doors as the once hum became into distinctive lyrics to a familiar song.

"You're all I ever need." When he hit the high note, I felt the hairs on my forearm stood up.

The hectic workers I've seen earlier are now still and peaceful.

Everyone listening to Austins angelic voice coming through the speakers.

Alex showed me a opening behind the curtains where I saw Austin.

He sat on a wooden stool with a microphone stand in front of him.

Austin held onto the mic as he sang "baby you're amazing. You're my angel come and save me. Ahhhh"

I watch him sing as I remembered the day i heard this song on the radio.

The empty chairs filled the ground floor as his voice resonated throughout the room.

When Austin was done singing, he chuckled and said "That was good."

His words echoed in the venue as he looked back and smiled at his vocal coach.