Chapter 41

Bea's POV

"I need to talk to you. Get ready in 15 and I'll pick you up." Austin said quickly. With my eyebrows scrunched and eyes closed, it took me a while to interpret what he just said.

Considering that I just woke up right now. I then sighed deeply and slowly opened my eyes. My room filled with a beautiful yellow glow but the brightness made my eyes irritated.

Eyes squinted and mind dazzy, I turned around to look at the time on my alarm clock.

8:40 AM

"Why is he awake this early?" I questioned with a groggy tone. I hate being waken up early for no apparent reason.

I made it out of my bed and opened my door to the bathroom. One look in the mirror and I was horrified.

God ! How can anyone love me like this? I jeered while turning on the faucet and applying water to some of the hairs that are sticking up.

By now nothing can surprise me. I thought and placed the pasted brush in mouth.

While brushing, I started thinking about yesterday and how I didn't even notice me saying gonna. That's the only word I shouldn't have used and I did. Twice!

You're incompetent. I shook my head and spit out the toothpaste then washed my mouth. After drying my face, I took a look in the mirror and scuffed.

My head looked like a birds nest. Nappy and very dry. After examining the nest, I decided to put it in a messy bun then go on my way.

"BEA ??!" I heard a loud scream come from downstairs. Without thinking I ran down as quickly as I can. Almost tripping on my way down there.

"MOM !??" I screamed back while jumping on the carpeted platform and saw mom sitting on the couch.

I released the air I was holding back and held my heart. It was pumping very fast and unsteady.

JESUS ! I thought she had fallen and couldn't get up.

I chuckled at my thought and asked what had happened. She held a white envelope the size of a 3 ringed binder in her hands. I guess mail came.

"What is that?" I ask with curiosity. She looked up at me and with the most joyful smile she said ...

"It's from Stanford's admission office." Her jaw dropped as her tone was in shoke. Mom lifted her head and showed me the front of the envelope. It said my name and this address.

I then had a sudden flashback to when I sent all 6 of my SAT scores, my transcript and my a personal essay to there. But that was months ago.

"Open it." She handed it over to me with excitement. I sat next to her and tore open the top of it.

"I didn't think I'll ever hear from them again." I spoke while sliding the paper out of the envelope. I held it up and as I read it a smile slowly appeared on it.

We would like to congratulate you, Bea Gardner ...

I scan through the letter.

Stanford would like to welcome you to our 2016 classes next fall ...

My heart pounding so hard.

"I-i got accepted ..." I said with disbelief. A chuckle leaving my mouth as I continue to read the acceptance letter.

Stanford's acceptance rate is 5.1% since 2014. Out of all the people here in Texas, I got accepted.

My heart wanted to scream out but my mind was still trying to comprehend what happened. Mom was celebrating while I sat there frozen like a statue.