Chapter 39

Bea's POV

I can't believe it. Unbelievable. I thought. My elbows propped on the table as I held my phone up with both my hands. Families around us enjoying their meals while Austin was looking through his menu.

I already figured out what to eat but Austin's taking his sweet time. He's considered on whether or not getting the Texas pound burger or the cheesy alfredo.

Sorry Bea but Michelle and I can't come to lunch today. Sarahs' mom asked me us to help out with the wedding ..

I sighed as I read mom's text over again.

Wedding? I notioned but then suddenly had a blonde moment (no offense to blondes)

Oh yeah Sarah's wedding. I nodded my head in certainty and continued reading mom's text.

We don't know whether or not to have it in Texas or Florida considering Alex lives there.

I scrolled down to find that she has texted more.

Oh and enjoy having lunch with Austin ;)

I don't know how I feel about the winky face at the end. It didn't cringe but I didn't smile wither so I don't know what im feeling right now.

While I was thinking our waiter, Jen, came to take our order. I said my order as Austin sat there flipping his menu back and forth.

"Since I can't decide ..." Austin said as he looked up at our waiter. "I'll have a 1 Texas pound burger and the cheesy alfredo." He politely asked as she jotted down what he ordered on her notepad.

"Your orders will be right out." Jen the waiter said with a smile and took our menus then left.

I put down my phone as Austin twirled his straw around his cup. We both look up at each other and smiled awkwardly then sat there in silence.

"Our moms aren't coming." I broke the silence while I watch him take a sip of his water. His hazel eyes widen as he raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Good because I need to ask you something." Austin placed his cup of water on the table and folded his arms over each other.

I raise my eyebrows in curiosity and sat on the edge of my seat. Waiting for him to spit it out. His eyes scanning my face as he smirks.

Those hazel eyes briefly looks down then glances back at me within a quick moment. Austins' eyes filled with sudden hope and slight embarrassment.

"What do you need to ask me?" I question with a serious tone. I scooted back and crossed my legs together underneath the table.

I watch him closely as he unknowingly licks his lips. Catching my attention real quick. His smile widens as I switch my eyes to his.

My heart racing because of his smile. His eyes are also the blame for my heart murmur. Those hazel eyes are the death of me. But he doesn't know that.

"What do you think about moving to Florida?"

My brain froze. I just sat there trying to wrap my head around that question. That was very blunt.

I shook my head and felt very confused. Why would he ask me that? I scrunched my eyebrows and cleared my throat.

My mind was blank. I didn't know what to say! What would you say if your ex asked you about your opinion about moving to the state he lives in ?!