Chapter 21

Bea's POV

"Bea !!" Auntie Michelle screamed as she opened the door.

"Auntie !!!" I shouted while hugging her. Her scent smelled like flowers and a hint of vanilla.

"Aunt !" I hear Austin scream as he ran inside my house and hugged my mom.

I leaned away from the hug and auntie held onto my arms. Examining me up and down.

"Look how gorgeous you look .." Michelle spoke with that warming smile.

"Jennifer .. Look how gorgeous your daughter looks !" She turned to mom and shouted. I beamed while walking inside my house.

"I left you for 2 years and you come back looking like a model." She compliments me as I close the door and respond ...

"Look at you!" I say. "Youre getting younger each year .."

"How old are you? 21?" I ask as mom and michelle began laughing.

"I'm older than you think, Bea." Michelle chuckles and I look at the time.

11:30 . this is going to be a long night.

•••

I slouched on the couch and took my phone out. I went on Twitter and clicked on my Notifications.

It's been filling up every since the concert. Mahomies asking me if I'm with Austin or if I'm dating him again.

I tapped on that tweet and replied with a "I'm not dating him. Not again."

Afterwards I got a whole bunch of retweets and favorites from people I dont even know.

My twitter followers increased by a couple 5 thousand people. I was completely shocked.

While scrolling down my feed, I got a text from a number I couldn't recognize.

A number I've never seen before, I tapped it and read the message.

Its Austin (: you look sleepy.

I suddenly look up and I see Austin smiling while looking down at his phone.

He glances up at me but I quickly look down and began replying to his text.

New phone number? And yeah I'm tired. Its 1 am.

I stared at the text and contemplated on sending it. My finger hovered above the send button.

I was then interrupted by Michele saying something that caught my attention.

"Wait what did you say aunt?" I questioned as all their eyes turned towards my direction. Even Austins.

"We're not staying for long?" She said as a question and I nodded while sitting up.

"You're not staying in San Antonio?" I asked as she nodded her head.

"I thought you knew Bea ..." Michelle spoke while looking around in confusion.

"Didn't Austin tell you?" We all looked at Austin as he his behind his phone.

He cleared his throat and sat up. His eyes glancing at mine then to the others.

"I'm only staying for a month. Then I have to go back to Florida." His voice filled with certainty.

"Why a month?" Mom stole the words from my mouth.

"I needed a vacation." Austin spoke as the living room filled with silence.

"And you thought coming here was a great vacation spot?" I chuckled with a hint of sarcasm.