Chapter 35

Austin's POV

"Married !?" Bea and I said in unison. I look over to her and she shyly looks away. I couldn't help but to smile whenever I see her.

It's been like 20 days since last time I've seen her. Last time I saw her was the intense kiss we had in the rain. Every time I think of Bea, I would remember the kiss and how she said ..

I can't do this again ..

Again ? What does she mean by again? What do you mean Bea ? How com-

"Yes married .." Alex interrupted my thoughts. I look down and started to think of another way to talk to her.

Falling down the stairs counted but I don't want to do that again. That hurt too much and she didn't even talk to me.

All she did was help me up and bring me to the couch. I think she's intentionally ignoring me. I sigh in frustration.

"Is something wrong with my decision Austin?" Alex shot at me with an angry tone as I look up in confusion.

"No no AC. I was thinking of something else." I shook my head so AC won't get mad. I don't want him to get mad.

Have you seen the angry side of Alex? I wouldn't want to see that. No one would.

"I'm happy you guys are deciding to get married .." I flashed the two love birds a smile as I glance at Bea.

That black dress looks perfect on her. Her short brown yet wavy hair falls above her shoulders as her RayBand glasses were pushed in towards her face.

"It's fantastic" I look away because I've been staring for too long. Alex glances at Bea then back at me and raises his eyebrows up and down.

You want to talk to her? Alex telepathically asks me as I nod my head no but it's too late.

"So Bea .. Uh when's your graduation?" Alex asks Bea as everyone's eyes turn to her. She raises her eyebrows gracefully and pushes her glasses in.

Those glasses. Calm yourself Mahone.

"Tomorrow .." She speaks with a smile as I catch her look at me then look away.

Why look away? Look at me. I command her but she doesn't respond.

"Would you mind if we all drink then? ... For celebration?" He asks her as she says that she doesn't mind.

We all then get up and make it towards the backyard. Rob and Zach getting beers as I plan different scenarios to talk to Bea.

"Thanks for saving my life back there .." I sit next to her as the tent above us blocked the sunlight. The wind chilly but it also soothing.

"I helped you recover from falling down a couple of steps .." Bea said matter of fact.

A couple of steps? I flew down a flight of stairs for you. I thought as she continued.

"It's not like I jumped in front of a speeding bullet for you ..." Her tone much more fuller and somewhat sassy. Rob and Zach then came outside and started handing out beers to everyone.

Bea and I grabbed one as she opened hers by hitting the cap against a ledge. I used my key.

I cleared my throat and wondered what to say next. I turn my head and I see Alex and Sarah staring at us.