We are shucked...

Emily's P.O.V.

I woke up to the horrendous sound of metal against metal, which made my ears scream in blood. Damn, if that sound doesn't stop anytime soon, some motherfreaker is going to die and— wait, why am I moving?

Turning my head around to see my surroundings was hopeless considering the poor light that could barely shine through the thick darkness. Yep, this is the perfect place to go sightseeing.

However, I could - somehow, just don't question it, alright? - see that I was in some box-elevator-thing. Does that make any sense? Probably not. But this box-elevator-thing doesn't stop moving, and to be honest, it doesn't exactly smell any good either. Wait, why am I thinking of the damn smell when I'm in a moving box? Wow, I'm weird.

Speaking of me, why can't I remember anything? Like, what the heck is my name? No, I'm not kidding. I can't remember my name, or my family, or anything for that matter! How the heck did I manage to end up in this mess? Really, how? Where the heck am I? Which motherfreaker decided to send me up here? What is happening?

Okay, calm down, girl, I shut my eyes closed as I tried to think of something that could help me. Think. Remember something! Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

I opened my eyes again, banging my head against the wall in frustration, which, by the way, hurt with the first encounter.

"Dammit," I rubbed the sore spot, finally settling on something productive to do: trying to see more of my surroundings. Squinting my eyes in a thin line, I found something that reminded me of boxes, which didn't really help my situation.

This is hopeless, hell, I am hopeless.

As the elevator-thing continued with its journey, a panic started a rebellion in my mind and chest. Seconds, minutes, heck, maybe even hours passed by, which only added more fuel to the panic. It didn't take too long before my breath came uneven and my heart beating as fast as a galloping horse, almost bursting out of my chest.

Dammit, heart, if you don't slow down, I will have a heart attack! Okay, breathe in and breathe out. Breathe, whatever-my-name-is!

"Help!" I cried in the hurricane of panic, banging my fists against the metal walls. "Please! Somebody, help me!"

Yeah, like Superman will come and save the day...

It felt like it took an entirety before the box finally reached its end, which meant that it had stopped moving me to whatever place it had brought me to. I don't know if I should cry or feel relieved about it stopping, but one thing is certain: I'm going to die.

"Help!" I cried one last time, hoping for a miracle that would save me from this (literally) black-hole.

What if I have been abducted by aliens? That could make sense, actually— wait, what? This box doesn't make sense, and here I am, thinking that aliens abducting me is a rational explanation. Jeez, remind me to fix my brain when I get out of this mess.

The box's roof was suddenly torn away and replaced with a shining sky. Hallelujah, I thought I would never see the light again! Although I was thrilled over the fact that there was still some real light left in this world, the bright light still blinded me and made my eyes burn. I had to avert my sight towards the ground, but not before I caught the sight of my brown hair and its corkscrew-like curls.

Wow, it looks like it's been curled with a curling iron. Did I curl it before I was sent here? Or did someone else curl it? Wait, what is a curling iron?

I was ripped out of my train of thoughts when I heard shoes meet the concentrated ground and felt the box swaying from side to side. Oh, my God, it must be the damn kidnapper aliens!