Rumors

Comment, vote, become a fan. All of that means more than you know!!!

~~~~~*~~~~~

  Alexia had just walked by me. I tapped her shoulder and she turned around. Alexia and I used to be really close, but then she started to drift away after 7th grade.
  "Alexia, do you know what the rumors about me are?" I questioned her sternly. I wasn't in the mood for beating around the bush, especially when I was in a hurry.
  "Umm... yeah." She said. She was kicking her right foot against the schools green carpet.
  "What are they?" I demanded. I was starting to get worried about just how terrible they were. Teenagers could be very very cruel.
  "Don't get mad at me, ok, they aren't so good." She looked mildly upset about them.
  "I won't get mad at you, I promise." I would just get mad at somebody else.
  "Ok, well, one of them is that... that you've been sleeping with Damon Salvatore." She looked at me apologetically.
  "Go on." I gestured to her with my hand. People were walking by us staring. It seemed like that was all they ever did.
  "The other... the other is that, that you want Stefan..." She trailed off and paused for a moment. "I think you get my point." She looked at the floor. I look up at the ceiling, trying to figure out what to do about them.
  "Oh, well, you do know that they're not true, right?" I confirmed.
  "Yeah, I do."
  I sighed. "Well, tell people they're not, if you don't mind."
  "Yeah, no problem. See ya." she waved and left me to myself.
  I went to go and look for my friends. I spotted Sara and trotted over to her.
  "Sara. I just found out the rumors about me." I quickly told her.
   "Oh my god! That's terrible. I'm so sorry." Sara cried out.
  "Yeah, me too." I groaned.
  "Breaks about to get over, I'll see you at lunch, OK?" she waved to me.
  "Yeah, see you." She left and then the bell rang. I went to get my books, and then quickly went over to the home ec. room, and sat down in my normal seat with my friends.

  "Hey Aera." Anna said. Anna and I used to be best friends, but lately... she's been acting differently, very strange. I sat down at our usual table by the door of the class room.
  "Hey Anna." I smiled at her.
  "Aera, what did you get for 27 on the second page of the worksheet?" Ashley asked me. We used to hate each other, but then we finally realized how alike we were, and we had gotten along better after that.
  "I got B." I confirmed after looking at my paper.
  "Cool." She thanked me as she wrote something down on her paper.
  "Hey, where's Mickayla?" I asked, she usually sat by me. Mickayla and I were good friends, but lately she had been hanging out with a different crowd.
  "I don't know." Anna said, flipping her hair behind her shoulders.
  "Hey guys, I found her, she's walking in with the new Salvatore brother." Ashley had told us, pointing towards the door.
  Sure enough, there was Mickayla walking in with Stefan, laughing. She came and sat down next to us. The bell rang.
  "Hey." Mickayla said.
  "Hey, where were you?" I asked the question that was on everybody’s mind.
  "I was going to show Stefan around, but you already did." She gave me an angry look.
  "Sorry, he asked." I said innocently. I was watching the teacher out of the corner of my eye. She was giving us a curious look. She hadn’t started talking yet though, so we would be fine.
  "You always get the hot guys, it's not fair." she was clearly angry at me
  "You cannot say that this happens all the time. It's only happened twice, so you can't say that." I practically growled at her. Sometimes she could be stressful to be around.
  "Well, I didn't think that you would get angry and snippy like that." I rolled my eyes at her.
"What did you expect when you said that so rudely?" Duh. Sometimes, Mickayla could be a little senseless about what she expects.
  "Sorry. Hey, I heard some rumors about you, have you heard?" Mickayla leaned in closer to us all and whispered.
  "Yeah, me to." Ashley chimed in.
  "I heard them, and no they aren't true, please tell people that. Please." I said pleadingly.
  "Girls," Mrs.Northfield scolded "Please stop your conversation, surely it is not so important that it cannot wait until lunch?"
  "No Mrs. Northfield. I'm sorry, we'll be quiet." I said humbly.
  Soon the lunch bell rang and everybody rushed up from their chairs and headed for the door.
I got up from my chair, about to leave the room, when someone tapped my shoulder. It was Stefan.
  "We need to talk." He said, and grabbed my hand and led me behind the school. He stopped, and turned around to talk to me, still holding my hand.
  "You need to stop these rumors." He said, looking angrily at me.
  "Don't you think that I'm trying, Stefan?" I had to wonder about him.
  "This is our new start, and I can’t have those rumors going around." Stefan grumbled to himself.
  "I said that I'll get them to stop." I was getting very irritated. Did he think that I liked being known as a slut?
  "Who started them?" he asked me. Obviously if I had known, I would have confronted them about it. I couldn’t say that to him though.
  "I don't know, but I have my suspicions. One of them includes your brother." It was definitely a possibility, and I wouldn’t have put it past him.
  "Well stop them." He ordered me. I was trying to figure out just how I was going to do that.
   "I will as soon as you let go of my hand." He dropped it, and walked away to the lunch room.

  When I entered the room, people stared and glared. I quickly got my lunch and met my friends at our usual table on the platform.
  "I told Kenzie about the rumors." Sara said when I sat down.
  "Yeah, and I know who started them." Kenzie said
  "What? Who?" I asked quickly.
  "Erica." I scanned the lunch room for her, and saw her start to leave through the doors.
  "Save my spot." I got up, and met her at the cafeteria doorway.
  "Erica, you need to stop these rumors." I told her as I pulled her away from the main entrance. No one could see us this way.
  "I'm surprised that you figured it out so quickly. Well done Sherlock." She said. I had never liked Erica from the beginning. She had fake bleach blond hair, was short, and was a little bigger horizontally.
  "You know they're not real. You need to stop them, or else." I said angrily through clenched teeth.
  "Or else what?" She was taunting. She placed her hand on her hip. She was begging me to freak out on her.
  "Or else I will tell the whole school what you did with Conrad last summer." I said, in an equally taunting manner. I put on a sly smile, I was feeling devious.
  "You wouldn't." she snapped back.
  "Oh wouldn't I? Stop them, and I won't." I was in my mean girl mode, and would do anything to make the rumors stop.
  "Fine, but if I hear one word of it, I'll make your life a living hell." She glared.
  "Deal." I walked off, feeling a sense of pride.
  "What did she say?" They both asked. People had started to leave the cafeteria, which meant no one was around to hear us.
  "She's going to stop." I explained the situations to them, and we left the lunch room. We walked to the high school and stopped at the library to listen to the new gossip. There was less talk of the rumors about me, but girls were still talking about Damon. He did encourage though. He flirted with practically every girl every anytime one of them would talk to him. I hated it. Even worse, I hated myself for hating it. I had to get them to move past it. I took my friends aside.
  "Guys I have an idea to stop this gossip about Damon and I." it was more of a distraction. I would still be causing attention to myself, but not on both of us.
  "What?" Sara said anxiously.
  "I'm going to cut my hair and die it turquoise." It sounded like a nice distraction. They would talk about my hair instead of him and I. Although I was positive that Damon liked the attention.
  Silence.
  "What!?" Kenzie was appalled.
  "I'm going to call my mom to make me an appointment." I walked out of the school, and called my mom. For once she actually went along with one of the things that I wanted to do with my hair. She called back, and had an appointment for 4:30. I walked back in and told my friends. It was really just a good excuse for me to dye my hair.
  "Ok, Aera, I really hope it works." Kenzie patted my back.
  "Me to." Then the bell rang.

  School was over, and I was walking out of the building, facing the parking lot, going to my bus when a Ferrari stopped in front of. The window rolled down, and I saw Damon looking back at me.
  "Get in." He said, demanding.
  "No." I coldly told him. I was not in the mood to be pushed around by him.
  "Come on, you're making a scene." He looked at me from under his sunglasses.
  "I don't care, I will not get into a car with you Damon Salvatore." I stomped my foot, acting like a child.
  "Do not make me put you in this car." He threatened.
  "You wouldn't." I was antagonizing him.
  "Oh yes, yes I would." He was suddenly very close to me.
  "Now, Get.In.The.Car." He said, then smiled, and walked back to the driver’s side.
I reluctantly got in, and we drove off.